Active Topics

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Z30 is not that much bigger than jolla actually once you have them both in your hands.
I have z30 and jolla and I find the z30 is easier to hold, and the battery is loads better than the z10

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I have both Z10 and Jolla. The BB nowadays is only used for connecting to my Olympus camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I have z30 and jolla and I find the z30 is easier to hold, and the battery is loads better than the z10
... hmmm I'm leaning now towards Z30 or Jolla.

tommo: which are you using as main phone?

Keep in mind that BB10 Android runtime is completely sandboxed, but that makes it noticeable (but not considerably) slower than Alien Dalvik.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I have both Z10 and Jolla. The BB nowadays is only used for connecting to my Olympus camera.
What were your reasons to stick rather with Jolla?

I have a keyboard

EDIT: and terminal and whatever I want. BB is a closed garden, very similar to iOS and WP.

Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
... hmmm I'm leaning now towards Z30 or Jolla.

tommo: which are you using as main phone?
Blackberry passport not easy to hold but love the keyboard!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I have access to both Z10 and Jolla. Both are very nice devices and I don't think you can easily say "this one is better than the other" - it depends on your preferences. I find SailfishOS easier (and more fun) to use and the Android support is better, but BB10 is more robust and useful for work/organization purposes.

I would say Jolla is similar to the N9, just smoother - both have a simple calendar, e-mail, messaging. BB10 has much more advanced features than Harmattan/SailfishOS in this area, but not everyone needs it.

If I were to decide between Z10 and Z30, I would definitely go for Z10, as it has a better form factor, fits nicely in your hand.

If I were to decide between Z10 and Jolla, it's not an easy choice, but I have already decided - I am writing this on my Jolla But the choice is subjective - I appreciate the openness of Jolla, where you may never need to fiddle with the system, but still have the option if necessary. And I think that Jolla is more future-proof, but it's just my opinion. It would be very nice to have the Hub and advanced PIM features on SailfishOS, though...

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-02-21 at 20:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I have a keyboard

EDIT: and terminal and whatever I want. BB is a closed garden, very similar to iOS and WP.
http://funkyotherhalf.com/?p=372

No keyboard anymore, since 15.01.2016......
Life is so unfair.

I meant VKB. BB10 doesn't have Bulgarian keyboard support and despite my 3 years of trolling, still doesn't. Jolla also didn't have on start, but I made one the day I've received my phone That's the difference I prefer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post: