Posts: 27 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dalat
+ Yup, this is a funny app! Don't blame me because I act like a kid, hahaha

+ I love this app, using the accelerometer on N900 to measure and move the liquid image in the N900. Make it look like ya are holding a cup of beer or coke. And lower the liquid height when ya move the N900 over 60* or 80*.etc. Some kind of joking app. But it is fun.

=> So, please make it, thanks so much

Last edited by chemist; 2010-08-19 at 08:24.

dont they have that for the iphone?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dalat
+ How many people who own both iPhone and N900!?
+ If you have a N900, and you want to have an app like that so much from the iPhone. Then what will you do?
+ I have an iPhone, but I also want to bring it to N900. Is it bad or what?
+ Even more, the Program is not own by Apple. And not all people in this world is as rich as you guys who live in US or Canada! We can't have enough money to buy a lot of things, a lot of phones like you guys in US!?
+ Do you know how much is an iPhone when it is sold outside of US-Canada!? More than a thousand dollars! Not just 100-300 USD like you lucky guys!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by May Maple View Post
+ If you have a N900, and you want to have an app like that so much from the iPhone. Then what will you do?
Well, installing the SDK would be a good start...

The Following User Says Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Why not try coding it yourself (and all the other apps you've requested)? Open Source rules

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Come on, people. An app like that would be fun indeed. I'd prefer not only a 'beer emulator', but a 'many drinks emulator'. I'd prefer some absynthe with two tables of sugar, please.

And May Maple, are you under 18? You shouldn't drink beer, even if it's a virtual beer! :P

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by May Maple View Post
+ How many people who own both iPhone and N900!?
+ I have an iPhone, but I also want to bring it to N900. Is it bad or what?
+ Even more, the Program is not own by Apple. And not all people in this world is as rich as you guys who live in US or Canada! We can't have enough money to buy a lot of things, a lot of phones like you guys in US!?
+ Do you know how much is an iPhone when it is sold outside of US-Canada!? More than a thousand dollars! Not just 100-300 USD like you lucky guys!
1, probably a few, not that many will admit it around here, owning an iphone will damage ur cred with some 'nix heads!

2, yup, do it yourself, ask the iphone programmers to do a maemo version, plead others to port it, or wait n hope.

3, well why do you need it on both? you planning on downing two cyber beers at once?

4, you just said you own both, then say you're not rich enough to own one? i sure as hell aint got enough cash to spend 1000 bucks on a phone, that said if its cheaper abroad just buy it on the net, they do international shipping you know!

5, why start every line with a + ?

6, i'd actually like to see this, so good luck!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
How about, make it a Drinking Challenge
Moar Birras! (hiccup)
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Hey Maple, this is the second brainstorm of yours Im gonna answer by pointing to one of my tutorials in my signature.. but ya know

If you take a look at the PyGame tutorial in my sig, it explains how to use the N900 accelerometer and use it to trigger an action at a specific point. In my example, I used a hammer that made a "knock" sound as the n900 was lowered. This is a perfect starting point as it's reading from the same axis, only the hammer is going down and the "beer glass" would be going up. The example shows how to read in both directions

To create the beer drinking app, all you need to do is find the value of the accelerometer at the right slant and use that as the trigger point. My example also displays the accelerometer reading, so it's just a matter of moving it around until you're happy and jotting the value(s) down.

The only difficult bit would be getting the animation of a liquid moving or draining, which you would trigger at the required angle. if you can make that animation or find someone to do it for you, then you're home and dry

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Thread cleaned! This is no chatroom nor off-topic! Try to help developing the idea or stay out!

OP: Please read through my signature's links to make sure you go the proper way with "Brainstorm"ing.

Last edited by chemist; 2010-08-24 at 10:02.