Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Hello, I am making this thread to see what people want included in nit-env-gnome-full and nit-env-keblet(3,4)-full also because fatalsaint requested it. As you can see from my Gnome thread, I have ben working with Stskeeps in creating the base, nit-env-gnome-basic, and has put me in charge of being the "maintainer" of nit-env-gnome.

Here's what's allrety going to be included (in nit-env-gnome-full):

*full blown gnome (becuse i want to )
*Iceweasel
*libgtkstylus (for right click)
*wifi-radar
*gnome-splashscreen-manager
*mtpaint (verry fun drawing software)
*emelfm2

Basicly, The only requirements is that the applications need to be fairly small (not ennything above 150 mb) for memory consumsion reasons. Also, Stskeeps is working on including options for swap in the Deblet-installer so ther shuld not be too many problems (speed wise) after he includes that option.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2008-08-27 at 15:08.

May as well toss on nit-env-keblet(3,4)-full as well.

I built 4 packages for stskeeps last night, keblet(3,4), and keblet(3,4)-full..

ATM the -full packages come with the extra, non-essential kde packages for both environments; and Iceweasel... if people would like to see anything else added to the basic package they can be updated.

Good work b-man.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Ok, btw, i may need your help at the end when i am rety to create the actual package, i really suck at building .deb packages. :P
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

NP.. it's actually really quite easy. These kinds of packages are anyway..

OH i should add that in my keblet packages it modifies the kdmrc for you.. so n800 users need not worry.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Just did the same for gnome