I think it's a good deal for Nokia partnered up with Microsoft seeing they're going no where....nevermind, whatever the hell OS (meego crap) they're bring out, it WILL FAILED because nobody like Nokia compare to Android and iPhone. So i don't see why you guys are upset.

On the other hand, i can careless as a consumer, this deal will open up THREE opportunity and THREE distinctly different choices, iPhone, Android and Nokia/Microsoft phone. I still enjoy N900 but after this, it will be 3 distinctly different choices that i can pick. I might pick an iPhone but i like open source phone like Android...and Microsoft Windows 7 phone might not be bad...so we'll see.

Look, EVEN if this partnership deal never happened, i don't think i'll be considered another Nokia phone...so.

Also note: Elop is a Microsoft guy...so it's obvious where and who he want to partnership with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Meego is Dead on Arrival. Last time I said that I got a ton of hate replies. Well, all I can say is, look what they have decided. I'm glad I got rid of my N800 and N900 when I could get decent cash them.

Hint:

webOS
webOS
webOS
HPalm Pre 3
HPalm Pre 3
HPalm Pre 3

You can thank me later...

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Last edited by jamesc760; 2011-02-12 at 05:03.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Meego is Dead on Arrival. Last time I said that I got a ton of hate replies. Well, all I can say is, look what they have decided. I'm glad I got rid of my N800 and N900 when I could get decent cash them.

Hint:

webOS
webOS
webOS
HPalm Pre 3
HPalm Pre 3
HPalm Pre 3

You can thank me later...
I never thought I would consider buying another Palm device. But, here I am actually thinking about it. This is a sad day for Nokia.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
There is hoping history repeats (in sense that Nokia appear changing their strategy all over every year), so a year from now announcement may sound:

"Windows phone platform didn't sell as good as planned. The only Meego device released last year exceeded sales expectations significantly. For reminder of 2012 resources will be split half and half between Windows and Meego phone platforms. Two new Meego phones will be released before the end of 2012."

Just speculating... but lets hope history does not fail to repeat in 2012.

Speaking of 2012, if the world is going to end then why do we even care? At least it seem the Nokia board does believe in that. In that sense their latest strategy makes perfect sense? (Just pee in your pants and feel warm a while, since that is all the time we have?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Each reorganization imposes delays in a fast-moving environment. Every time you get off the merry-go-round and try to get yourself together, it speeds up and it gets harder to hop back on.

Meego was a big change and there was a big delay. This is an even bigger change.

I think that a steady, consistent stand is needed from the person running the show. Changes have to be made cautiously but quickly.

I think we are seeing erratic behavior at the top. More erratic behavior by someone else won't help.

It will take Nokia a long time to recover, if it does.

Once you jump off a cliff, no use asking for advice. I'm not going.

i aint so sure history will repeat itself...

... its become clear now MS has effectively bought Nokia for 0$ - M$ will drive this hard - very hard - to make the best use of Nokia while it has a hold on Nokia.

All the waffling previously seen will be bulldozed through. Whether this bulldozing is successful is one thing, but waffling about is not going to be on the menu.

Or maybe it's the other way around. Some allege the board made this decision some time ago, and knew they had to execute it with a non-Finn. So bring in Elop as a mouthpiece. Yes, it's conspiratorial-sounding, but I wonder...
Yep this is indeed a possibility. I mean look at the board members:

http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia/cor...d-of-directors

Old farts with rotting testicles.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Looking bright, ain't it?

Nokia/Elop: "Mayday...Mayday....Mayday!!! We're all standing on a burning platform. Is there anyone out there?"

Cue the sound of the M$ outboard motor coming from the distance *Developers..Developers...Developers...Developers......

M$/Ballmer: "Aaaaaallllll aboooaaaaard!!!!!!"

Nokia/Elop: "My old mate Steve! I knew someone would save us, but who better than you"

Motorboat pulls away from the burning platform:
*Developers....Developers....Developers....Developers*

In the far distance we hear a blood curdling scream:

"F*****G HELL!!!!! THIS BOAT IS SINKING!!!!!!"
loool, ouch, hahah, my chapped lips... hhahahaha, thast awesome

The commentary on Nokia Converstions is hilarious:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...ts=true?mobile

Oh the fun of being Nokia spokesperson now, almost feel sorry for the poor guys/gals.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
It's obvious that Elop is indeed a Trojan from microsoft. Take a look at this as proof.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/company/...onal-ownership

Elop is 7th in the top 10 of stock share holder. Obviousness

Tags
where's dan