Thought this was quite funny. I wonder how Maemo 5 fans see themselves. I know they see iphone users as sheep or ******s.
Attached Images

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
awesome :P someone should draw one up for Maemo users specifically...

The Following User Says Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Actually, what rather made me laugh was something I had read in the news. A poll had been aired to find out what kind of phone user would be seen as the most intelligent, and guess what. People thought that the Iphone-user was the cleverest, for his device is 'so innovative' and that it is the most expensive one so that could mean the person in question has a healthy bank account, witch means he must be smart, and therefore own an Iphone!

Keywords: 'closed', 'overpriced', 'trend', 'dumbphone'

But I guess it's ok when you consider the 3rd party soft

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Funny, according to this cartoon Blackberry users have the least distorted self-perception.

I'd think Maemo users are a more extreme case of Android -- no offense to anyone.

Maemo users, IMHO, are one of three categories:
1. iPhone newbs who thought they were getting the next iPhone when they bought a n900, and spend all their time ranting and causing drama that it's not what they expected.
2. Technical people, working in technical fields who need power and (probably) custom applications. Things like doctors and such(generally in non-us countries). These people ask for coherent solutions, follow directions, and donate/pay for quality applications.
3. Nerds+developers, who most likely work in computer-related fields, probably use at least one unix-based system during their daily work, and when they need a tool, they build it themselves and release it.

Edit:
And the next post couldn't have proved my point any better. :P
I'm sure you guys can tell which category he fits in.
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

Last edited by RobbieThe1st; 2010-11-05 at 12:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
no offence but there is also a 4th kind
the people who saw the phone features and thought it was every thing they needed( me)

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Quite funny but I cringe when I see stuff reposted from Engadget/Gizmodo.

This illustration highlights very correctly how Nokia is ignored. Despite being the largest (yadda yadda..) manufacturer of phones in the whole wide world - it doesnt deserve recognition in cartoons or even serious attempts at phone journalism (Gizmodo did a showdown of best phone cameras around a few weeks ago and ignored N8).

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
>> Things like doctors and such(generally in non-us countries).

.... wtf.. Doctors use N900 ? you gotta be fking kidding me.

these ppl are so time poor they are not going to waste time dicking around with a n900.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@Frappacino: not really we have some free time between one patient and the other, and we also can steal time to family, for our computer addiction!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
(Gizmodo did a showdown of best phone cameras around a few weeks ago and ignored N8).
Doesn't surprise me at all, because N8 beats every single phone cam in that showdown and would have brought shame on others...

e: even pro photographers see no difference between canon powershot S90 and N8
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
just shoot me