Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I would like to see any improvement in actual Nitdroid, even if very minor, that would be better to wait so long between releases.

In my opinion, rather than phone calls, GPS or other big stuff, the focus should be on improving performance and stability of Nitdroid 2.3.7 so it can become the stable release with improved accelerometer support over 2.3.4 and camera working.
I hope that the features added in nitdroid 2.3.7 will be easily ported to ICS, just because, especially with the 4.0.4 that is going to come out, the OS will be more stable and faster like Google anticipated..

If I am not wrong, 3D acceleration already works in ICS..our problem is 2D acceleration (so this is why the UI is slower than Gingerbread)..

About ofono, again if I am not wrong, e-yes has put a more recent version of ofono in ICS but we can't try it yet because when I boot into ICS, even without PIN code, I can't make any calls because the phone remain in offline mode.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
BUMP
--------

Hey guys, so I've had NITDROID for months now (2.3.4, stable no problem) so I decided to try upgrading 2.3.7.
extracted the files to /and and the update worked no problem, but eventually after a few days downgraded it back

Now everything works as always except I cannot do a home button press (long press on camera button) anymore?
But back (short camera button press) works

(I tested the camera button in maemo for short + long press, and it works there)

any ideas?
[/QUOTE]

There is a file that is responsible for this, I just can't remember which one at the moment. I have my N900 to hand to check at the moment either. I'll have a look when I get home and check some documentation and see if I can find something for you.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
I hope that the features added in nitdroid 2.3.7 will be easily ported to ICS, just because, especially with the 4.0.4 that is going to come out, the OS will be more stable and faster like Google anticipated..

If I am not wrong, 3D acceleration already works in ICS..our problem is 2D acceleration (so this is why the UI is slower than Gingerbread)..

About ofono, again if I am not wrong, e-yes has put a more recent version of ofono in ICS but we can't try it yet because when I boot into ICS, even without PIN code, I can't make any calls because the phone remain in offline mode.
4.0.4 is out already is it not? There are Roms for the GNex available.

Edit: It seems the 4.0.4 roms are based on the LTE release with a GMS compatibility layer so may not be much use to us.

In ICS I can make and receive calls. Obviously with media server crashing the person on the other end can't hear me, but if you have a newer build I will quite happily test it for you. My N900 is kinda redundant at the moment as it's no longer my main device so I can test anything and everything without fear of killing my device

Last edited by mornage; 2012-02-21 at 13:13.

Originally Posted by dannu21 View Post
anybody can help me to install nitdroid ?
I've problem, I've successfully install nitdroid but I cant boot to nitdroid and must flash my N900..
More info please.

How did you install; manual or with the auto installer?
Have you installed onto SDcard or eMMC?
Are you booting with your keyboard open to get to the multiboot menu?
Can you boot into Maemo at all? (power Kernel or standard).

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Since nitdroid.com is still down there is torrent here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59165022/N12...ar.bz2.torrent
man this torrent got no peers it still on 0.0 % downloaded

Originally Posted by sifo View Post
man this torrent got no peers it still on 0.0 % downloaded
Servers are back up anyway:

http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
Servers are back up anyway:

http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/
Thats why i took down the torrents...
Well, should have communicated my step, may be?

I need help i can't boot nitdroid..
i use the autoinstaller to install nitroid, it installs in the emmc normally with no troubles ,but when i reboot the device with the keyboard open it doesn't show the boot menu..

i use the linux kernel power user 49 and the community cssu ..

The Following User Says Thank You to johnsnipe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
4.0.4 is out already is it not? There are Roms for the GNex available.

Edit: It seems the 4.0.4 roms are based on the LTE release with a GMS compatibility layer so may not be much use to us.

In ICS I can make and receive calls. Obviously with media server crashing the person on the other end can't hear me, but if you have a newer build I will quite happily test it for you. My N900 is kinda redundant at the moment as it's no longer my main device so I can test anything and everything without fear of killing my device
No newer build at the moment, but glad that you'll be a tester

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ javanese
More info please.

How did you install; manual or with the auto installer?
Have you installed onto SDcard or eMMC?
Are you booting with your keyboard open to get to the multiboot menu?
Can you boot into Maemo at all? (power Kernel or standard).
thank you for ur attention mr mornage
I am use nitins 0.2.8.8 auto installer... I've success install the nitdroid on microsd 8GB.. then I boot with keyboard open & I've got 3 boot maemo omap1, kernel-power49 & nitdroid..
I choose nitdroid, but can't open nitdroid.. my n900 blank.. then I can't boot to maemo.. must flash My N900.. I've 11x failed

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid