Notices

I'm working on a Sailfish OS theme for Nokia N9. So far mainly on icons, not sure yet how much of a UI customization I'll do. Icons are inspired by recent Jolla-in-action videos and my own imagination of what they could look like. All of them are available in 500x500px resolution & 3rd party apps are supported as well (as far as possible).

& Jolla intro Bootscreen

I'm a bit experienced with CSS, but haven't worked yet on CSS layouts used in Harmattan. But seeing that there are people around like "DJJonosound" (with that amazing looking iOS7 theme) I hope I can get some answers

-What's the best way to distribute & use such a theme? Theme Settings by Vesa Halttunen? (excl. the Boot up intro)

-Is there a risk to break the system while "playing" with CSS layouts? Any possibility to avoid it? I'm not in a big mood to re-flash the device to often

Ideas or suggestions are always welcome - of course also desired 3rd party app icons (next to the ones already on the picture).

Last edited by caprico; 2013-11-12 at 16:40.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Apparently I am famous now
If you need any help just send me PM.

To answer some of your questions:
Distribution - Package as deb file that installs the files into /usr/share/themes and then the theme will be picked up in the theme settings app (Can also be manually done with a zip file)

Breaking - I am fluent with CSS, but from what I have seen in harmattan css in some cases identifiers dont work, so if you end up putting one in that isnt supported, yes you can break the device easily. Keep flasher open and just use R&D and SSH to patch to a stable theme. (I have a few themes installed that I can always fall back on.)

Hope that helps you

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply! Both answers actually help a lot. Once I'm done with the app/system icons, I'm going to have a closer look at those CSS files - let's see how that will work out

The CSS files are the tricky part. The tags are definitely not the most logical :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
I really love the Jolla icons

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eerde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
I can help you packaging to deb. I already make something similar (not so precise as yours):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Theme_2_0.zip

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
1. @DJJonosound and @caprico it would be great and easy for people to install deb..
Thanks @flotron
2. One more thing @DJJonosound and @caprico why not make another version with only icon mod.. Black bg would look great on both ios and sailfish themes
3. @flotron why don't u integrate your sailfish theme in theme changer!!!
It would be easy!!!

Last edited by zaidk9; 2013-10-18 at 06:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaidk9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
yeah someone should provide a deb. to lazy tweak with zip.

With all respect to the icon designers, you rock

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
1. @DJJonosound and @caprico it would be great and easy for people to install deb..
Thanks @flotron
2. One more thing @DJJonosound and @caprico why not make another version with only icon mod.. Black bg would look great on both ios and sailfish themes
It would be easy!!!
If he want to make a complete mod of the interface, it is impossible with theme changer.
Theme changer mod limited things like icons

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
Thanks @flotron
It would be easy!!!
Deb for my theme is on its way. And no, I am not forking and making multiple versions. Not worth the effort on my behalf. I will however do two versions for.. I will post that later

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post: