Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Malaysia
Can we have a color version of your app?
Would you consider some other character effects too in the future, like Ironman, or Superman etc.?
Please get it to the Extras soon so that we can all try it out. Perhaps you could even try to get it to the Ovi Store as a shareware app
Last: N900

The closest is the Gnome project CHEESE.

Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie View Post
ok this has probably be asked before, but I would really love to see apps like the 'lomo app' on iphone, or even andriod nowadays has it.

i really think its makes the n900 much more entertain-able than it is right now( i know some ppl dont like me saying this).

anyone knows , wants and are willing to develop anything like that ?

cheers
Use the search function before you post newbie! I made the same post earlier, but not much people responded.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52585

If the mods could do something about your duplicate post?

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
The closest is the Gnome project CHEESE.
Code:
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".
cheese: ../../src/xcb_io.c:249: process_responses: Assertion '(((long) (dpy->last_request_read) - (long) (dpy->request)) <=0)' failed
aborted
for those looking to try it on easy-debian (diablo). Successfully turned the red light on twice for a few seconds each time, and froze the device for a good few minutes, ending in this error.

Can we have a color version of your app?
Would you consider some other character effects too in the future, like Ironman, or Superman etc.?
Please get it to the Extras soon so that we can all try it out. Perhaps you could even try to get it to the Ovi Store as a shareware[
sorry, don't have a working copy of the required lib-colored-pencils library. Maybe if someone were to send some to me, I could begin the porting.

On the topic of porting, I have now realized maemo to be a dead platform and until further notice, most future efforts will be concentrated on the meego branch. I would finish my porting of the maemo 5 version, but without a proper maemo 5 device (*cough*), no further progress can be made.

Originally Posted by Soulaxe View Post
Use the search function before you post newbie! I made the same post earlier, but not much people responded.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52585

If the mods could do something about your duplicate post?
hi, not trying to be rude, but did you read the 3rd reply of your post?

I am doing exactly what is supposed to be done, cuz you probably didnt bother.

@notnarb

On the plus side, if you have Cheese running on a laptop, you can use x11 forwarding (ssh -X) and it [secretly] opens an instance of Cheese using the laptop's camera viewable on the N810 q= and they say the n810 can't be used as a "baby monitor".

Back on topic, there isn't much of this type of functionality the OP requested in desktop linux so asking for it in Maemo is asking "a bit much" but hopefully someone does achieve it. And if you start this project, please be considerate and write it such that it's not Maemo-only (*cough* Tear *cough*) >.> and ummm add networking support please