Hi all:
I want to use vncviewer to connect to N810 with GUI from a pc with debian,and in thay case I could see the desktop of N810 in Debian, but now I don't konw how to complete it.I've already installed vncviewer on my device and xtightvncviewer in Debian,and now what should I do?

Thanks.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Florida
I'm no expert, but if you are accurate with your terms, you need to install vncserver on the N810. Then start the server on the NIT, start your viewer on the PC, and you should be in business.

One usually installs it the other way around ... so you can sit back in your easychair with your NIT and run your PC ... but to each his own!

Ken

look up x11vnc in garage. Might be in devel repository too, but not sure. Install x11vnc on the tablet.

Run x11vnc from the terminal or icon and after it started you should be able to connect from your desktop using vncviewer.

That's how I do it anyway.

(You can go the other way by installing VNC server for your PC and vncviewer from garage on the tablet. With a no-ip.com address you now have worldwide access to your desktop from anywhere.)
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Originally Posted by klatham View Post
I'm no expert, but if you are accurate with your terms, you need to install vncserver on the N810. Then start the server on the NIT, start your viewer on the PC, and you should be in business.

One usually installs it the other way around ... so you can sit back in your easychair with your NIT and run your PC ... but to each his own!

Ken
X11vnc: it’s a VNC server to allow remote access to an existing X session, but it has a dependable package named libc6(>=2.6.1-1),.According to maemo(N810), libc6(2.5.0-1osso9) has been installed in N810, and its priority is required, when I try to install this package, it can’t replace the libc6(2.5.0-1osso9), so I can’t install VNC server in N810 with X11vnc.

How can I resolve it?? Thanks!

Have you tried red pill mode? I installed x11vnc on my diablo n810 without issue. I had it in chinook and it installed just fine when I upgraded. I never had any dependency issue.

In response to the other question:

To have access to the NIT Desktop from your PC:
x11vnc on NIT, VNCviewer on PC
run x11vnc on the NIT then connect with vncviewer from you desktop

To have access to your PC from the NIT:
vncserver on the PC, vncviewer on the NIT
Start vncserver on the PC then load vncviewer from the NIT.
Nokia n810 Diablo
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

what's red pill mode??

could you PLS tell me the installation steps in details

Red Pill Mode

Then you should just be able to install it via application manager. I didn't do anything special.
Nokia n810 Diablo

I can't activate Red Pill mode when updating applications in "red pill" mode.It's updating all the time!

I don't know what that might be. I know it takes a bit to get the first refresh after red-pill mode is active because it has a lot more things to get and compare against the package database.

You can try to install via apt-get as well from the terminal. Its always in a kind of "red pill" state.

1) apt-get update
2) apt-get install x11vnc
(or to get all updates - apt-get -u upgrade)
Nokia n810 Diablo

I tried what you said,but both are failed! The two ways couldn't get upgrade!