Hi all, I just placed an order for the 800. Although the 770 is what I could afford, I knew I'd be disappointed, so I scraped for the 800.

It's obvious from my non existent linux background and from reading here I'll need some advice at some point so I figured I'd get an account set up and ready.

My primary usage of the IT will be to access things locally (from my own pc on 802.11) and strangely enough it seems this will pose some of the bigger challenges, orb but not through internet, MS office files, etc. but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Oh yeah, I only have dial up as well ;-)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
What do you mean "orb but not through internet"?

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
i am guessig they mean through the lan.

blue,
be sure to use the forum search:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/search

Yep, know how to search...lot to absorb in just a few days, plus I don't actually have the tablet yet.

As for orb, I got the impression you had to access by first going to there servers...hope I'm wrong.

Wow! UPS finally arrived and I plugged the charger in just 20 minutes ago. Posting this from the 800, don't know how to do anything else yet but I'm in heaven.

Originally Posted by blue58 View Post
Wow! UPS finally arrived and I plugged the charger in just 20 minutes ago. Posting this from the 800, don't know how to do anything else yet but I'm in heaven.
Go forth and find hotspots, my son!

Hi Blue
Since I'm about to get one and am not anywhere as knowledgeable as most posters I'd be interested in any feedback i.e. ease of use etc
Good luck
TIA
Jerry

Just placed my order yesterday and am very excited. Thanks for all the help on this forum as I'm sure I will be looking here often. I've always wanted to start learning Linux, but when I put Mandriva on our home desktop, the wife was not happy. So Win XP won out, although I did put my foot down on installing Microsoft Office.

Does anyone else wish Netflix Watch Now would work with Linux? That would be a great on the N800. Especially as Netflix increases the movie selection.

Just joining the group. Placed my order yesterday as well and can't wait to get the N800 in my hot little hands. A friend has one and loves it.
Any help with finding a good word processor would be appreciated and is there any type of audio editing software out there as well? Also, I keep hearing about Gizmo for WiFi calls, anyone with experience there?

Thanks for any info.

you aint the only one, just pulled the trigger as well!

also pulled the trigger on upgrading my phone to the 3G V3XX by cingular.

ordered the phone with a one yr contract for 129 dollars. i was expecting to pay 200 but seems like just now they dropped the price.

cant wait to get the toys this week, tax refund spent nicely. =)