Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
So in conclusion, can that ringtone bug be fixed? I always end up with missed calls becase of it. The phone sometimes ring, sometimes does not at all, sometimes with the default ringtone.
I read the last 15 pages of this thread, but don't know really what to do, the xterm says pulseaudio is already at latest version, do i have to uninstall it and install cssu1 instead?

The Following User Says Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
IDK if it helps, but I had similar behaviour last week. Ring tone (was set to default Nokia) just rang once and then there was silence.
I had upgraded after restoring from a backup. And I found that it was something with package tweakr and its profile presets. When changing loudness in settings directly, it just rang once and silence. After having selected the profile via tweakr everything was/is fine.
Maybe it helps to find out ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-08-29 at 20:04. Reason: really really hate VKB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
So in conclusion, can that ringtone bug be fixed? I always end up with missed calls becase of it. The phone sometimes ring, sometimes does not at all, sometimes with the default ringtone.
I read the last 15 pages of this thread, but don't know really what to do, the xterm says pulseaudio is already at latest version, do i have to uninstall it and install cssu1 instead?
You can fix it (until the "official" fix arrives) by installing the version from here:
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/pa/new2/

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
You can fix it (until the "official" fix arrives) by installing the version from here:
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/pa/new2/
do i have to install all those debs?

The Following User Says Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
do i have to install all those debs?
Only those, that you have already installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Confirming, and it happens not only for browser. Could be related to hildon desktop?
Yep, I can confirm it too and my thinking is h-d is to blame too.

Scenario from yesterday: browsing web with opera11 in portrait, all of the sudden N900 stopped reacting to any inputs. Only menu/task manager button in upper left corner was working. Used power button, its menu appeared blurred and out of focus, like some invisible dialogue/window with higher priority was opened above it.
Locked and unlocked device using hardware switch and all was fine again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Yesterday, it happened even with some fullscreen WebOS game through preenv. Just like hildon thought there is some window above it...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
After a little feedback regarding last CSSU-T/T-Thumb:

Is there anyone having problems with bluetooth browsing? More specifically, I' using XFCE + Blueman + Thunar from Arch stable on an Eee 1000. I'm unable to view phone contents, getting Unable to open "File System" - Connection lost. Sending files is working ok.
I was too long offline. I remember I fixed this bug. The problem was that the obexd announce usage L2CAP but it's not working with the kernel part. Maybe the fix is in cssu-devel or http://merlin1991.at/~luf/obexd/

[EDIT]I see I answered this question in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539 (I see no reaction from you there). Have you tried it?

This bug affects only some users as it depends on client. I never saw that problem but it was reported by more users.[/EDIT]

Please report obexd version if the above advice didn't help.

(BTW I replied also to your question about map in different thread)

Last edited by luf; 2013-09-01 at 20:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Forgot to reply to that one. I'm running 0.46-1maemo5+0cssu2+thumb0.

Using blueman, I got different pairing results depending on what menu item I clicked (one was Pair, one was a wizard). One automatically sent a 6 digit code that I had to confirm was identical, after connecting it would disconnect after a few seconds but wouldn't let me browse files. The other asked me to enter a 4 digit pin but sent a 6 digit code to the phone. I played about a bit with hcicontrol hci0 sspmode 0 on both ends but no joy.

Gnome-bluetooth was a pain, I'm now trying out mate-bluetooth but still can't browse.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Forgot to reply to that one. I'm running 0.46-1maemo5+0cssu2+thumb0.
Thanks it should be the fixed version.

Using blueman, I got different pairing results depending on what menu item I clicked (one was Pair, one was a wizard). One automatically sent a 6 digit code that I had to confirm was identical, after connecting it would disconnect after a few seconds but wouldn't let me browse files. The other asked me to enter a 4 digit pin but sent a 6 digit code to the phone. I played about a bit with hcicontrol hci0 sspmode 0 on both ends but no joy.

Gnome-bluetooth was a pain, I'm now trying out mate-bluetooth but still can't browse.
We should continue only in one place. I prefer the other thread (even it's not directly bluetooth general) http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1372296

Thanks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing