Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Thanks - it has.

Now, question, any additional settings I need to alter by using gmails smtp server settings

smtp.gmail.com
port:465

as so far no emails working.

Scott
username = mailaddress for gmail

and read the wiki for the correct port number..

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-10-27 at 20:46.

gmail says smtp port number for them is 465

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
gmail says smtp port number for them is 465
Not really..
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=13287

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I receive every SMS sent by smscon six times. Had to change MaxRetry from GSMmodem to 1.

Also autolock does not work, it just brings a prompt to enter the lock code before locking the device. If the prompt is bypassed the device won't get locked.

Using version 0.5-9

Last edited by hqh; 2010-10-29 at 12:18.

Hey, just a question. Where is the picture taken by the front camera saved? (on the N900). I have some failed attempts at sending email, so I just want to know where to clean up those pics. Thanks.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Hey, just a question. Where is the picture taken by the front camera saved? (on the N900). I have some failed attempts at sending email, so I just want to know where to clean up those pics. Thanks.
All (smscon.log, smscon_boot.log, taken camera picture, created GoogleMap image) are in /tmp. And so will be deleted after a reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post:
Hi, i have installed SMSCON and Editor ver 0.6-3, running on PR1.3. It is a cool application!!! One issue is that i keep getting several "battery warning - phone battery is now at ...." SMS on my contact mobile number. any advise on how to fix this?

Originally Posted by Aleena View Post
Hi, i have installed SMSCON and Editor ver 0.6-3, running on PR1.3. It is a cool application!!! One issue is that i keep getting several "battery warning - phone battery is now at ...." SMS on my contact mobile number. any advise on how to fix this?
It's (not a bug it's) a feature and can be switched of in /opt/smscon/smscon.config.

Look for this:

Code:
# Auto battery status SMS report
# (sends SMS when SMSCON is active & battery is depleting: 'yes' / 'no')
AUTOBATREPORT     = 'yes'
And set it to 'no'

The above is not true!!
In 0.5-9 it this isn't configurable (in upcomming 0.5-10 it will)!

Last edited by digitalvoid; 2010-11-01 at 18:57. Reason: It's not true!

Originally Posted by NerdKnight View Post
Hi digitalvoid,
I was reading the source code of smscon_daemon to learn about receiving and sending sms, and I found a possibly bug:
In the function SMSreceive, the index that you use to trim the PDUMessage (19) depends on the length of the sender's number that is before the sms message in the array, I made a test with that function sending an sms to my phone from a web page, and the sender number was shorter so the message was not decoded correctly.
I suggest to calculate the begin index as follow:
Code:
n=int(PDUmessage[1])
n=n//2+n%2+13
MessageArray  = PDUmessage[n:len(arr)]
that worked for me
i guess this is where my problem is coming from.i have set my phone number correctly and yet i dont receive any sms when i test it. please can you look into this and update in the next release? thanks

Originally Posted by dekin View Post
i guess this is where my problem is coming from.i have set my phone number correctly and yet i dont receive any sms when i test it. please can you look into this and update in the next release? thanks
Yes, it will be in 0.5-10.