hey gravis,

yep i believe it is me ,i have a case but i hate them, i figured i would change the scratched screen after 3 or 4 months. just need to get into a rhythm, on answering. i hate slagging this little piece of techno wizardry of, when you consider all the juicy stuff. but...

This entire thread is a flaming nightmare.

This entire thread is a flaming nightmare

if u think this is a nightmare u wanna meet my missus! lol

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiafarce For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I find it usable as a phone, if unwieldy. It feels like trying to get in a sparring match against a rapier using a large hammer. It starts up, but it was in landscape while it was down, so when I grab it it flips to portrait, sometimes flips back and forth again, eating precious seconds of people looking at you.

Other people pick up the ringing phone and, with a smooth movement and, without taking their eyes off you, push the green button (they know it's on the _left_), then put it to their ear without a worry. Half a second. It takes me 4. Rapier. Hammer.

Nokia, holding the finger ANYWHERE on the screen for over 500 ms should always answer, even on red. Hold-to-answer. Also, answering disables touch for 2-3 seconds so I can touch my face with the screen.

Also, the red reject it near the green answer. Am i the only one who used anykey answer on all other models? Am I the only one who noticed that ALL other pnones have green-on-left and red-on-right so you can blindly push? They should have the red on the bottom and green on the top or something, but no, they are right next to each other.

Also, why is the damned image so small? there's like at least double the screen real estate there. Also, it's a 50 GB phone. Bigger images!

Also, the log is inexistent. Last dialled is not separate. Times are missing. Can't dial whio called you, but the contact, meaning they call you from a phone and you try to reach them at home.

Also, there are about 500 other buts. Still, it's usable, I've grown accustomed to it. Needs polishing. Like, with a polishing machine after sandblasting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I originally wasn't going to use it as my primary phone, but i haven't had any problems with it. As a result, i use it as my primary now. if i really need a slim phone for a special occasion then i pull out my e51 from my backpack.

Yeah, I pull it out of my pocket and press the "Answer" button.

Is there something I'm missing?

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post

I found that if it rings in-pocket, often times END will get pressed based on the compactedness of the pocket (yeah I wear tight jeans).

surely you must get it bouncing around from landscape to portrait, surely you must miss the green button now and again,
I have spent this last 2 weeks slagging of my iphone wielding mates about their locked down, boring, limited, designer lifestyle gizmos.
Unfortunately, their iphones pick up a call without an issue and they can all see their corporate emails.
This new firmware had better, save my ***.

N900 as a phone?
Yes!
It took me some getting used to it at first

Originally Posted by nokiafarce View Post

surely you must get it bouncing around from landscape to portrait, surely you must miss the green button now and again,
I have spent this last 2 weeks slagging of my iphone wielding mates about their locked down, boring, limited, designer lifestyle gizmos.
Unfortunately, their iphones pick up a call without an issue and they can all see their corporate emails.
This new firmware had better, save my ***.
Negative sir. I turned off the automatic rotation so it always stays in portrait mode.

Also, the image on the phone does not appear while it is in my pocket due to the sensor that causes it to stay off when near an object.