Active Topics

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
i did not see any lumia in romania, only N9.
problem with N9 is that i only saw 16gb version, and for a device without sd, the 64 gb is a must. ( at least for me ).
Lucky you the amazing (*****) everyday has taken over my TV in Greece. But for now it's just that, since I haven't seen someone with a Nokia phone in a while. One herp derp was actually amazed when he saw my N9 as he thought Nokia had stopped making smartphones.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
4.95 € with contract or contract prolongation at T-Mobile D. Just like any other highend Android or iOS phone. But despite of that usual price, I have not seen any people using Lumia in Germany.
odd, in Europe Germany was the country with the hightest LostDOS imMobilized penetration (over 5% if memory serves well...)
possibly company phones that now got replaced by ANDRoid or iPotatos?

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But at least they buy the Apple stuff in large quantities. Can't say the same for the Nokia fanatics. They buy one, declare it the best, never buy anything else...

N900 forever!
Gerbick, it is even worse with Psion users : they bought one or two and use/used for 5, 10 years ! Psion (5MX, etc) were so good that their users refused to replace those marvelous handhelds. My Psion Revo+ is still working as new after 11-12 years...
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

I blame the management.

Management should have funded it. Fire the management. Fire the board of directors.
I agree. At the end of the day, Nokia's falling was most obviously a lack of vision and lack of good management —*but particularly the first. A basic example: for years I couldn't understand why mobile devices didn't sync over the Internet. We had all kinds of data packages, 3G and everything —*yet the phones were absolutely *horrible* at using it. The whole industry was ripe for disruption, which Apple did very effectively.

On your point about the N900 crowd disagreeing with my statement of the N9 being best, I know what you mean. I disagree with it, but I know many n900 fans (our startup's office is a couple of blocks away from the Nokia Research Centre, where all the Maemo stuff was done). To me the n900 showed, again, loads of promise. It was much, much better than the disgustingly bad n97 — yet was never pitched as an alternative to it. But it was still a bit klunky and lacked the fluidity of the Swipe.

An n900 would never tempt me away from the iPhone, but the N9 can. The N9 is one of the most tragic devices ever, really.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Setok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Lucky you the amazing (*****) everyday has taken over my TV in Greece. But for now it's just that, since I haven't seen someone with a Nokia phone in a while. One herp derp was actually amazed when he saw my N9 as he thought Nokia had stopped making smartphones.
they just closed one fabrick from romania and probably moved to asia, or nowere, and in this moment, no reklam to nokia would not be welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to ioncelmare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
they just closed one fabrick from romania and probably moved to asia, or nowere, and in this moment, no reklam to nokia would not be welcome.
Oh yeah I red about that. Well from what I've been reading alll nokia factories are idle since the lumias are made somewhere in chine and I think the one in Romania was just closed. Nice times to work for mr elop. But again you're lucky every time I see the Lumia add I get pissed off as they did Nothing for the N9

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Funny thing in all this is, the Microsoft deal came to practice the moment everything Nokia was ready for primetime.

Elop, you deserve a pat on your back. Your disbelief of having an iphone competitor turned out to be a potential best seller.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
RAM issue was resolved with Feature Pack 1, not 2. N95 8GB, N82, N93, E90 (OMAP 2420 devices), they all had 128MB RAM with demand paging (free ram was ~85MB on boot). S60v5 lacked RAM and a GPU and so did the FP2 devices. If Nokia was smart and added RAM and GPUs, even N-Gage would've still been alive. I love the app and its store. Job done well with no support whatsoever.
Well, the N95-1 was STARVED of memory, it had 23MB available after boot, and the early firmwares were worse (18MB). It couldn't run Opera Mobile 10+, crashed even before loading the home page...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Nokia should fire Elop and hire Julian Fourgeaud.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
another sad story is n9 battery that unreplaceable, =='

i still stick with my N900(beast one)

Tags
dirge, marionettes