Large font epeen?

Seriousley, the apps that are on the n900 are numerous and have many different functions.

Just cus we dont have apps that make fart sounds or of the ilk of the iphone doesnt mean its rubbish.

My main gripe is the lack of free sat nav, when compaired to lesser phones on the market. AND considering its a current model phone as well.

Meego should be made available imho, as the underlying hardware will support it. But I reckon the pressure is probably coming from the operators who want to OEM the image and have already spent enough time/money/idiocracy making the n900 with specific images for their brand. By the time Meego comes out fully for commercial phones, not laptops, the N900 will probably be 12-18 months through its release cycle and operators will not want to re-invent the wheel.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The more I think about it... I hope Nokia doesn't support MeeGo on the N900... and I'll tell you why.

It creates that separation of step 4 of 5, it gives the community something to support, and gives them a year or so before they will have consumer level IDE (think: Visual Studio, Apple X-Code, Komodo ActiveState, something) method to produce apps and get their app store established to support community and commercial offerings.

It'll take a solid year for all of that to come together, imho.

So no... don't bring MeeGo to the N900. Fine tune Qt, support this community and it will help build your future Nokia.

And learn how to ****ing communicate with the community too.

Originally Posted by Xanxavier View Post
Just cus we dont have apps that make fart sounds
Pardon me
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54380

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by ajflex View Post
(leetut, lucas777, Astute) its very irony has my friend crown77.
Reported.

I won't quote the whole post and subject everyone to that nonsense for a 2nd time but there is a right way and a wrong way to use this forum and that, sir, was the wrong way.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by ajflex View Post
(leetut, lucas777, Astute) its very irony has my friend crown77.
Who ask you hater and geeks (leetut, lucas777, Attute) for your opinion.
nokia please give us meego let we the normal user can enjoy the n900.
And let the geeks stay with maemo
Just a note, without these so-called geeks... MeeGo wouldn't even exist. (Or anything that requires cognitive abilities beyond that of a troll.)

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Pardon me
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54380
LOL, Sorry my bad

But that is kinda funneh

Tags
idiot central