Notices

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Has anyone been able to get passed the problem of the OVI store not accepting their credit cards to purchase Zen Bound? I have been trying since it came out with no success and am starting to consider searching some torrent sites, although I would much rather be able to contribute to the Maemo, OVI, ans Secret Exit cause, and legitimately "pay" for it. I have money and I really would like to play this game! ANY help or suggestions would be helpful; many seem to have been able to purchase it ... Thanks in advance

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Haven't purchased apps yet there, but don't they have a way to contact them about this issue?

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Haven't purchased apps yet there, but don't they have a way to contact them about this issue?
I have contacted them, they actually told me that Zen Bound is not available for the n900 and that that is why my "credit card usage is denied"... but this can't be because many people have purchased, installed, and are playing it.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Did you mention that you are using a N900? I think they don't know what phone you are sending them questions about and they may have thought that you had a symbian phone.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
contact your bank and make sure trnsfers abroad is allowed.

yes they know, they said it is not available for the n900 specifically...

And i have told the banks, Ovi just simply6 ont accept my card

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Yeah i had the same problem, tried all my cards, I bought airplane ticket no prob also I have paypal on that card. The card is even called visa web, i think nokia have some problems. P.S. Paypal is an awesome service.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Seems to be hit & miss with the OVI Store, my Visa card works, some cards don't. Though the problem seems to be affecting USA mostly.

Same problem here.

German Visa card (I am german and living there). I was able to buy Angry Birds level pack a few weeks ago with the same credit card.

And now they are rejecting the same card. The card is working, I am it for some other things (in different countrys mostly over the internet).

I wrote the OVI store support about it on Friday. Let's see what they answer.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
ovi store is a bit of a joke now. i just downloaded the entire deb file for zen bound and now have it stored on my phone. to freely distrobute(I paid buy the way. well worth it) but poor developers. what security is that. unless im missing some IMEI encryption. but im doubting that(anyone know).
please nokia sort this out so devs can be sure their work is not stolen.