Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
Here you go, though I do have my T-Mobile username and password entered.
this worked great and i dont have to switch back and forth!! thanx!

Originally Posted by erkk View Post
i managed to finally get fmms to work on my n900 and with At&t USA so if you need the settings let me know as it can be kinda tricky..

also your gonna have to add a new catalog in app manager if you do not see the catalog saying maemo extras-devel than you WILL not be able to download fmms. as it will not show up ..
That's great you were able to get it running on AT&T! I would greatly appreciate the settings you used. Thanks -ed

Just wanted to say after some fiddling with proxy settings, I've got this working on my N900 on T-Mobile UK. Didn't seem to like the proxy setup at first, but after poking it a few times, it's started to play ball, and is downloading messages perfectly.

There's only 2 requests I have really - no doubt to add to the zillions of others you've already got - and while I'm not familiar with coding for a device (yet), I get a feeling I may end up being by the time my journey with this kit is over...

Anyway, I digress. The 2 things I'd love to be able to do are [a] be able to auto-resize a picture down to the screen height/width (at the moment, if you get a large pic sent via MMS, it'll come up huge on the screen, and you have to scroll around it), and the ability to save the pictures off (which I'm guessing isn't quite so trivial as it sounds).

I'm sure the above has probably been mentioned somewhere in the thread. I went quite a way back, but there's a lot to go through. If it's already been said, then I do apologise.

Aside from that... thank you. Thanks for saving us from an MMS-less world. It's really appreciated!

Frals, when I update my fmms to the latest version, It failed to downloading the MMS through I can see the mms folder. And when I tried to delete the mms. There is no repesponse when I click " yes" to confirm the deleting action.

this is awesome, everytime I GET a picture message, it opens it. its slick, looks great. works great....no delete button...DOOH.

I guess thats what you get for an alpha.

In the future I'd like to see better integration with the built in messaging and IM window. Just saying, icing on the cake.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Great idea - I'll have to look in to this, hopefully it's doable (but python-hildon bindings are a bit buggy w.r.t. filechooserdialog I'm afraid).
Apparently it IS doable. I recently came across an instance of that very one filechooser which was was sorted by newest first, I just don't remember which app has triggered this :) Nonetheless it proves it can be done somehow. Crossing finger you'll figure that one out :)

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Can you send the contents of /tmp/fmms.log in a PM to me?
Sorry, I think is was bug of my GSM operator. Today i can send & receive MMS!

Thank's for you programm

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Apparently it IS doable. I recently came across an instance of that very one filechooser which was was sorted by newest first, I just don't remember which app has triggered this Nonetheless it proves it can be done somehow. Crossing finger you'll figure that one out
Cool - if you do find out which application is doing this please let me know so I can take a look at the code

Originally Posted by GI jack View Post
this is awesome, everytime I GET a picture message, it opens it. its slick, looks great. works great....no delete button...DOOH.

In the future I'd like to see better integration with the built in messaging and IM window. Just saying, icing on the cake.
If you go back to the main screen and tap-and-hold on the message, you should get a menu to popup where you can delete the message.

Regarding Conversations integration, hopefully I'll know if it's doable by the end of the week

Originally Posted by cloris View Post
Frals, when I update my fmms to the latest version, It failed to downloading the MMS through I can see the mms folder. And when I tried to delete the mms. There is no repesponse when I click " yes" to confirm the deleting action.
Can you PM me the contents of /tmp/fmms.log please?

Originally Posted by microchip View Post
Anyway, I digress. The 2 things I'd love to be able to do are [a] be able to auto-resize a picture down to the screen height/width (at the moment, if you get a large pic sent via MMS, it'll come up huge on the screen, and you have to scroll around it), and the ability to save the pictures off (which I'm guessing isn't quite so trivial as it sounds).
Planning to do autoresize on incoming - it should be an easy fix .
For saving pictures, tap-and-hold on the image, press "Open" and it should launch the picture in the "Image viewer" application from where you can save it etc

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edQ View Post

That's great you were able to get it running on AT&T! I would greatly appreciate the settings you used. Thanks -ed
use fapn app to create access point name to edit in settings name whatever you want doesnt matter. i called mine at&t mms..

select connections

Access point name: wap.cingular
User Name:blank
Password:blank

connection setup:
Advanced settings

Proxies

check use proxy:

Http proxy:66.209.11.32
port number: 80

leave the rest blank and save

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vampula, Finland
Does it leave connection opened after sending and downloading, or it's just me?
If it does, I like to see automatic disconnection, as an option atleast.

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python