Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Hi All.
I have this problem.

When i go to Default Media Player, in "Music", and "Video", the following: "No themes" "no videos". But itīs not true. I have full videos, and i can reach them via Pc Desktop, for example.

Please, help.

Tnx.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ENFDO View Post
When i go to Default Media Player, in "Music", and "Video", the following: "No themes" "no videos". But itīs not true. I have full videos, and i can reach them via Pc Desktop, for example.
Is your N900 disconnected from the PC? If you're connected in mass storage mode then the N900 can't access the files. Otherwise, try running (in X Terminal):
Code:
tracker-processes -r
That should reset the indexer. Then start Media Player again and it should indicate that it's scanning the device, and give you an estimate of how long that'll take.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Hi. I made as u sugested. But the issue persist.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ENFDO View Post
Hi. I made as u sugested. But the issue persist.
Okay, are your music and videos in the correct locations? Check using File Manager on the N900 - they'll either need to be on the memory card, or in the "Audio clips" and "Video clips" folders on the N900.

Hi Enfdo, I had the same problem. It scanned for files but always showed as 0 files in the library. I had just recently installed the additional codec pack before I noticed the problem. I half noticed an error message of some sort during the install though I didn't notice what it was.

I uninstalled the extra codec pack and hey presto everything's fine and dandy again.

Any help?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
I'm having the same problem.

Resetting trackers, relaunching Media Player and even reflashing hasn't fixed it. I've got no codecs installed, everything is saved in the correct folders on the phone, and the media on the MicroSD also goes unrecognized.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
had the same problem so i ran the command in xterminal and rebooted and all my songs were found by the media player

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
the tracker-processes command hasnt fixed the problem for me yet either...been repeating the process different ways for a few days now and no luck. ive gone as far as reflashing the firmware and still no luck.

i've tried
tracker-processes -r
tracker-processes --hard-reset
tracker-processes --kill

none of them help. at all. they all seem to kill start the tracker over and delete its logs and start from scratch but it still doesnt feed anything to my media player or photo viewer. can anyone help? please?

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
I had the same problem. What I finally tried (got the tip from the forum itself) to get it work was to uninstall the Extra Codecs Support app and then re-install it. This basically restarts all the music player related daemons and stuff.

So, I am pretty sure, this will solve the issue.

But, if you dont have the Extra Codecs Support or the ogg support app, then I don't know what the issue could be.

exactly what folders should audiobooks or music be stored in on the N900 main memory and micro sd card?
I copied files from a computer in mass storage mode, and can see them from the computer, but they do not show up in media player even a day later.
tracker-processes -r and then power cycling does not make a difference.
Q: where should files be stored?
Q: how to tell it to go beat the bushes for more files for it's list?
Thanks,
Skm

Closed Thread