Notices

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Londrina, PR - Brazil
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Is there a way to tie a 'cookie deletion' activity so that it happens when you select 'sign off'?
Actually this is possible and it's a good idea, I think I'll do that instead of the clear cookies button

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
After doing some digging, Google Calendar doesn't support sporting events through their iPhone web page.

I've been messing around with a few user scripts that run in Greasemonkey. Right now, I've got it so that the Calendar is full screen with nothing extra, like no google web links or navigational junk.

I don't know though. I'll look around some more and post back if I can find a really good, working solution on getting sporting events to show up in the google calendar.

Why keep bringing up the calendar, sporting events, etc in this thread?

Well, I'm not investing much time on Google Calendar with Macuco, because that iPhone version doesn't work well for me. But if you wanna hack it and post your solution, I'll be glad to integrate with my code if suitable..

Actually, I was thinking in doing my own web app for google calendar using the JSON APIs, but right now I don't think I have enough time to do it..

The Following User Says Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Thanks for the response puelocesar!

I found a run around solution.

While Google Calendar let's you subscribe to sporting events, for some reason, or whatever, they don't support such a feature with their mobile web page coding.

The trick is actually quite simple. Just search the web for your favorite sporting team with the word "ical" in the search engine along with it.

Once you find the ical schedule, copy that link.

While in Google Calendar, just click on "Add" under "Other calendars" from the main page, Add by URL, and then the link you just copied. This works out perfectly!

The Google help forum states that you can only save up to 10 events per day for a mobile device, but I'm able to view over 30 of them under your app as well as in MicroB with the correct settings.

I see what you mean about Google Calendar with Macuco not working too well. In MicroB, I can create an event but I'm unable to save, the save button doesn't even respond. At least with Macuco, I am able to create an event as well as save but sometimes it crashes.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback.

By the way, I just uploaded Macuco to Maemo.org Downloads, check it out: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/macuco/

By the way, I just updated Macuco, now it supports open links in new window. Oh, and I was surprised how well it handled some websites, I think I'll put an address bar on it to use it as main browser :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Very nice. Started using this app and I did miss not being able to open up links so this update will be great and I'll install it tonight.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
It is not loading images. Is that by design?

Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
It is not loading images. Is that by design?
It's not by design :P Gmail blocks some images, but otherwise images are shown properly here