Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
There was a cool animated(if I recall correctly) video from probably 2010-2012 era; I believe before the N9 and N950 came out which showed a phone which looked like an N900 doing things like sharing location via chat and using NFC taps to pay or exchange contacts. It was a cool expo vid of a Linux based Nokia flagship in a timeline which never came after Elop/MSFT lit our platform on fire.
I know the link(if it is still up) is somewhere in the TMO archives but I have yet to find it after searching for a few weeks.

Last edited by biketool; 2021-06-14 at 10:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
This reminds me of another video from back then where Nokia tried to imagine where technology will take us: Nokias Morph Concept

I would also love to have higher quality version of the N900 commercial. The one linked has horrible video and audio quality, making it difficult to enjoy.

Regarding the one you mentioned: I have never seen it, but would of course be interested.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
It took a spicy siracha ramen bowl to help me light up enough neurons to dig down through the forums.
Here it is!

Heh, he downloads Lost..... whew, where did the time go?......
Why did that show never answer any of it's own questions?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jul 2021 @ Blueberry World
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
I would also love to have higher quality version of the N900 commercial. The one linked has horrible video and audio quality, making it difficult to enjoy.
While looking around, I found another version with better audio quality and a bit better video quality. Unfortunately the video is still 480p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpW-BlaPOY

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Danct12 For This Useful Post:
I got all emotional remembering that video.

The Following User Says Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
It took a spicy siracha ramen bowl to help me light up enough neurons to dig down through the forums.
Here it is!

Heh, he downloads Lost..... whew, where did the time go?......
Why did that show never answer any of it's own questions?
I had N900's for over a decade by now and I didn't know I could pay with it back then, wtf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I had N900's for over a decade by now and I didn't know I could pay with it back then, wtf.
I am pretty sure you can install an early version of bitcoin core which runs on the CLI, possibly even mine for BTC.
Seriously though this video was was a collage of Nokia's hopes and dreams for a Maemo/Meego Linux flagship future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: