Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Everything is working just fine for me.

Hum guys how did you update ? Did you update through the Maemo Application Manager manually, meaning by clicking on the first package, then updated it; clicking on the second package and updated it ?

DO NOT enable Extras-devel then try the two solutions presented bellow. It will update all packages on your N900 !!!
Here is a proper way to update : just ask the App. Manager to install both at the same time. You have to click on the upper menu to do that ("install all updates" if memory serves well).

Or :
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
This is better : A "safer" way would be to enable Extras-devel and install both package at the same time with ap-get install <package name> then disable Extras-devel.

Last edited by Mandor; 2010-02-26 at 14:37. Reason: Be careful with Extras-devel !

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi all,

The package should install fine now; it will force Easy Chroot to upgrade automatically.

Sorry for the headaches.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
hey qole: getting still getting unable to install. I uninstalled both easy debian and chroot. Then tried installing easy debian alone and it said unable to uninstall.

The Following User Says Thank You to andyph666 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
debernardis just told me that Easy Debian's Evince icon is conflicting with the Maemo version of Evince. So I'll fix that. Do you have Evince installed, andyph666?

If you don't, could you go to the terminal, gain root and type:

Code:
apt-get install easy-deb-chroot
Then post the output here.

I would like to know what is breaking for you...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
debernardis just told me that Easy Debian's Evince icon is conflicting with the Maemo version of Evince. So I'll fix that. Do you have Evince installed, andyph666?
Can confirm. Here is the error I get when trying to update:

Code:
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/easy-deb-chroot_0.9.41-2fremantle1_armel.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/applications/hildon/evince.desktop', which is also in package evince-common

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Hi all,

The package should install fine now; it will force Easy Chroot to upgrade automatically.

Sorry for the headaches.
This version is absolutely spot on! The unpack took a while and I had to move the previous image to another location but after that it has been fine.. even got FileZilla installed and fully working!!

I'll have a go at changing the font sizes and optimising Thunderbird.

One question though, how do I mount the root of the Hildon filesystem to browse from PCFman?

hi Qole,

the problem is definetly with the Evince verison for maemo5.

regards

Hey Qole. I have evince installed. Do I just remove the shortcut? Also, it works with the version from testing. Thanks.

New version uploaded (0.9.42) that should fix the Evince problem.

Tried extracting the image in a hidden directory -- didn't help. 1hr42 mins.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Well, the silence tells me that things must be working for people now.

Anybody tested the new installer? What do you think of it? It downloads a current list of images from qole.org, so I'll be able to update the image without having to update the package in the repositories.

I installed Maemo Evince and played with it. I think I'll remove the Debian Evince icon since the Maemo one seems to work fine.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze