Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
"FATAL: kernel too old" is probably an issue for S2. Do you know where the message is coming from, glibc? glibc is provided in Flatpak by its own platform, that's gonna be hard to patch.

Regarding xdg error - would you mind to check my questions from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=66 and reply to them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Regarding general progress with Flatpak and Angelfish.

KDE platform added new type of extension - input plugins - which allowed me to distribute Maliit plugin as an extension in Flatpak. This depricates a hack used to package Flatpak extension in RPM and users will have to install Maliit using org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS :

Code:
flatpak install --user \
org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS//5.14
Replace //5.14 by //5.12 if you use KDE 5.12 apps. Extension is distributed and built at Flathub, https://github.com/flathub/org.kde.P...liitSailfishOS .

Right now 5.12 still has to be built, there were some Flathub internal issues with that runtime. As soon as its done, I'll let you know.

Note that after installing extension, you should remove flatpak-maliit-plugin-qt package in SFOS. Next version of Flatpak Runner will not use it.

Next, I managed to improve HW acceleration in WebEngine. I found the set of environment variables that, while not fully using HW acceleration, seem to make Angelfish reasonably fast. Flatpak packaging scripts have been developed further to improve playback of videos. Right now, it looks like all the sites I have visited are playing as they should. My issues with the acceleration are reported as a bug in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-82423 and there is a hope it will be resolved at some time.

All this will become available with the next release of Flatpak Runner (waiting for KDE platform rebuild) and Angelfish (maybe will have to ask for it the lead developer). Assuming that the next SFOS will have updated libhybris, it all comes right on time.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
being a flatpak noob i'm asking for commands to update stuff )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
being a flatpak noob i'm asking for commands to update stuff )
Right now, as of today, its

Code:
sleep 48h
Hopefully, by that time KDE 5.12 is sorted or new Angelfish is released.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Regarding xdg error - would you mind to check my questions from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=66 and reply to them.
On the Nexus 5, I installed flatpak using zipper, followig the instructions provided on GitHub https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
On the Nexus 5, I installed flatpak using zipper, followig the instructions provided on GitHub https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main
Can you please check if xdg-dbus-proxy is installed? Maybe I am missing some dependency...

"FATAL: kernel too old" is probably an issue for S2. Do you know where the message is coming from, glibc? glibc is provided in Flatpak by its own platform, that's gonna be hard to patch.

I don't know how can I check this message is coming from where. If you an idea on how to check,I appreciate if you let me know.

Regarding that post, I did respond on that already.

After reading your post about the general progress of Fltapak where you mentioned you might need to contact the main developer of Flatpak. Is it worth to as them to try to apply the glibc patch that elros provided? If they can apply that, this can make Flatpak available for the wider audience like my S2 with that old kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Can you please check if xdg-dbus-proxy is installed? Maybe I am missing some dependency...
I just have checked my Nexus 5 and can confirm yes, xd-dbus-proxy is installed.

What I spotted on my Nexus 5 was the version of libhybris. It is 0.0.5.33+master.... while in the install instruction you said Flatpak is required libhybris >= 0.0.5.34
How can I get the newer libhybris?
I am happy to build a new sailfish image if I know what to change in there to get the newer libhybris.

Last edited by edp17; 2020-02-28 at 08:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I just have checked my Nexus 5 and can confirm yes, xd-dbus-proxy is installed.

Souldn't we install the flatpak-libs package?
No, flatpak-libs is not needed on device. Have you rebooted after installation? Other than that, I am out of ideas on why that xdg- missing error is issued

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I don't know how can I check this message is coming from where. If you an idea on how to check,I appreciate if you let me know.

Regarding that post, I did respond on that already.

After reading your post about the general progress of Fltapak where you mentioned you might need to contact the main developer of Flatpak. Is it worth to as them to try to apply the glibc patch that elros provided? If they can apply that, this can make Flatpak available for the wider audience like my S2 with that old kernel.
The best I can come up is to grep inside flatpak platform. As in

flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfish

then in the opened shell, try to grep files in /usr

As for patch, I don't know who to ask. I am mainly in contact with some KDE developers. That type of question should probably belong to freedesktop-sdk IRC/Matrix channel or their issue tracker in gitlab. But try to see first which file has the error message and proceed from there.

Tags
flatpak