Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Or even if they are not spying to guess your code, it is actually hard not to tell the password to a relative if they need your phone. It may be a non-issue (for me it is not a problem: my device lock code is not used anywhere else and I trust those who would ask to look at my phone), but you might want to keep this code secret for other reasons, or you might not want to lend your phone at all. With a fingerprint lock, they won't try to argue and get the code, and they will only ask you to unlock it if they really have a good reason.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
I really hope someone will be able to develop Picture Password for whatever non-Android OS that will be ported on the Fx.
I particularly love this bit from the link you posted:

Reverse “smudgineering.” My son Keian was able to use the smudge pattern on my phone to figure out my password when he was four years old.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
... Since Sailfish X doesn't have double-tap-to-unlock, it means that I have to use the power button to unlock anyway...
I use double tap and then touching power button (not pressing) to open my Xperia X with fingerprint reader.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Originally Posted by British View Post
I really hope someone will be able to develop Picture Password for whatever non-Android OS that will be ported on the Fx.
Of course its up to you to use it, but I see many problems with this unlock method.
  • Even here from a recording the password is guessed after about 10 attempts if users are not well educated about choosing a secure Password. Example here.
  • Given time you can try reasonable combinations by hand
  • Traces on screen give hints about the correct position.

It would be improved by a huge amount if you had to do 3 or 4 of such pictures.

Best would be if one could combine different unlock methods. E.g. do a picture-unlock and then (without feedback if you where correct) enter a Pin (number positions randomized).

This would combine the strengths of individual methods.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
I read somewhere that the headphone jack is on the side of the phone, not top or bottom. Can anyone confirm or deny?
A headphone jack on the side would suck. I probably wouldn't use it unless I have to

Regarding bottom bezel in the newsletter picture, it looks mighty thin. Hope it's like that in real life and compact as possible
Unfortunately it does appear to be on the front side on the keyboard, see

If true, will make it less useful as a music player in the pocket ... unless you use bluetooth. But these could still be early prototypes.

Still exciting that it getting closer to release or official announcement.

x

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by xman View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtRMJjVXcAEP8lc.jpg

If true, will make it less useful as a music player in the pocket ... unless you use bluetooth. But these could still be early prototypes.

x
That is an old picture.
I can assure you that the headphone jack is at the top of the phone
Similar to the E7

Edit: How do I know this?
I've actually seen the real deal

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-02-06 at 23:26.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I use double tap and then touching power button (not pressing) to open my Xperia X with fingerprint reader.
Yes, my message was incomplete. There is double tap on Sailfish X too, but it is disabled by default because it causes somme probable issues with sleep and therefore battery life (if I recall correctly). I'm actually fine with pressing/touching the same key without moving my finger to wake/unlock. The double tap to unlock was a nice feature that I miss sometimes, but in fact I liked it more when I didn't use a lock code, or when I forced myself into using one but had not tried the fingerprint scanner yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Originally Posted by xman View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtRMJjVXcAEP8lc.jpg

x
That is an old picture.
I can assure you that the headphone jack is at the top of the phone
Similar to the E7

Edit: How do I know this?
I've actually seen the real deal
Seeing pictures is exciting. Though I still lament the demise of vertical T9 sliders. And phones with all-metal structure - plastic is not that durable?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Yes, my message was incomplete. There is double tap on Sailfish X too, but it is disabled by default because it causes somme probable issues with sleep and therefore battery life (if I recall correctly).
Your information is dated. I have double-tap-to-wake enabled on my XperiaX and I have never had any sleep problems with it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Seeing pictures is exciting. Though I still lament the demise of vertical T9 sliders. And phones with all-metal structure - plastic is not that durable?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
When I said 'seen the real deal', I didn't meant pictures.....

Plastic? Seriously?
No company uses plastic anymore for their high end phones.
It has no premium feeling.

This phone is not made from metal. The case will be made from Magnesium alloy (!)
Now that's quality right over there.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit