waiting for the stable v48.
there was a bug i hope its fixed now, in v47 whenever i OC i can't play movies or watch youtube videos unless i return to default.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
there was a bug i hope its fixed now, in v47 whenever i OC i can't play movies or watch youtube videos unless i return to default.
Quite probably to do with your voltage profiles.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
Sorry, but Council IGNORE ME
* I sent mail with problem
* I reported problem in thread Ask Council http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...35#post1036835
* I raised bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12284

All without answer!
FFS. I will attempt to email them as well. While I have no more power than you in this respect perhaps a little more pressure will persuade them to act. Mentalist, Geneven and all the other eloquent ones could perhaps do the same.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
I have the same thing even without overclocking.
This was the same when I tried v46 as well. Have to return to stock kernel to watch movies.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
That would be true, if kernel-power would ever had a chance to get into extras. Ho ever, cause some unknoww bugs, Pali as a maintainer still can't promote it even to -testing. By meritocratic means, kp-47 should be in extras now. So instead of discouraging people, we should suggest them to stick with kp47, until kp48 can be considered "should be in extras".

This, or just buggy council more, to make them help Pali with promoting problem.
Instead of crying, we should start collecting money for separate extras and extras-devel. Or we can write open letter to council. _vi do you have your email saved? Forward it to me, I'll bother them too.

Last edited by mauron85; 2011-07-10 at 20:59.

@pali

Yea, i know. That's why i posted about bugging them.

Originally Posted by vi_
FFS. I will attempt to email them as well. While I have no more power than you in this respect perhaps a little more pressure will persuade them to act. Mentalist, Geneven and all the other eloquent ones could perhaps do the same.
Now I'm totally touched by not mentioning me as eloquent one Talking seriously, that's what i hoped will happen. I suggest not only sending mails - I don't know if anyone reads them - massive request on "ask council" thread may be also appropriate.

Originally Posted by mauron85
Instead of crying
I don't feel like crying, sorry. Neither others seems to.

we should start collecting money for separate extras and extras-devel.
WTF? And that's is supposed to fix what?

Or we can write open letter to council. _vi do you have your email saved? Forward it to me, I'll bother them too.
Nevertheless, I'm happy that more people are interested in pushing this case further. Still, please don't be to harsh - do it meritocratic way I doubt, that council ignore Pali on purpose. Only thing that i suppose now is little chaotic state of council entity - after recent events - but that's pure speculation. Whatever reasons stand behind that fail, we're at the same side - Council and we.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Flashed v48 onto a horrible hodgepodge of kernels this afternoon (multiboot + v47 with custom uboot, all overwritten by uboot-pr13, all overwritten by Meego's kernel, and finally all flashed with the stock v47 kernel) and despite all that it is working fine here, stable for a good few hours (under almost no load though). Can't comment on responsiveness since I've been running stock for the past 3 weeks and just popped my xlv850 OC on it, seems much faster (duh).

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
compile uboot with standard maemo kernel and ad it to multiboot. I have it this way
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
You must create yourself a version of kernel (v48) with u-boot
It is rather simple and there are How-To on forum
thanks but I have no knowledge of how to do this and run a windows pc system... do you have the deb u made fw190?

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
It's a bit off topic here. I did it with instructions form this post. It all wen't ok for me.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73146

not yet stable?

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou