Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Is there a good faq for installing uboot and then Leste on pinephone.
I might be missing the link in here https://leste.maemo.org/Main_Page

Ideally I would stay with the stock bootloader and only boot leste from an SD card when I have time to configure it and play around as Leste still does not have telephone or data ready. I am getting tired of trying to get stuff working with Phosh on Mobian. Right now most apps either are basic and low function or we are using resized desktop apps which just doesn't work well. I only would like to replace the bootloader once Leste is ready for phonecalls, mobile data, bluetooth, gps, etc.

How large of a percentage of FOSS Maemo5 apps are included in the Leste repos? https://github.com/maemo-leste-extras/ I just looked and the catalog is pretty extensive with the wishlist https://leste.maemo.org/Wishlist including many favorites of mine in the waiting to be included status(especially Panucci audio book player(can we patch-in other audio formats in playback)). I feel like with phosh the sparse app catalog is holding back the daily-driverness of the OS as the dev level of the included mobile apps.

I REALLY want to get on with replacing my beloved N900 with new capable hardware loaded with a useful OS. I think we solved most mobile-linux UI issues over ten years ago. Lets go Maemo Leste, a true successor after so long to the maemo throne.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
The stock bootloader is u-boot.

Maemo Leste already has u-boot with the stock memory clocks built into the image.

To flash a different u-boot (if you want to overclock the RAM or something like that):
Code:
dd if=/path/to/bootloader.bin of=/path/to/device bs=8k seek=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
The stock bootloader is u-boot.
Maemo Leste already has u-boot with the stock memory clocks built into the image.
But how to active it to boot from microSD..I found info that volume down+power buttons should force boot from microSD, but nothing happens, just still boot stock OS from eMMC.

I also find info: "Distros need to be updated to support the 3GB model, because the ram chip used claims to be 4GB, and both u-boot and the kernel/distro needs to be aware of that, to not try to use the full 4GB addressing-range."
Can that be a problem (this is 3GB model) or is it fixed?

Last edited by teroyk; 2022-08-01 at 19:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
Can that be a problem (this is 3GB model) or is it fixed?
At least this problem is fixed in jul 31th version.

And not have to press anything to boot from SD.

Last edited by teroyk; 2022-08-03 at 14:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post: