Active Topics

Just wanted to warn other N800 owners that bought from CompUSA that my local store is saying that it is a "computer" so I had to return it within the 14 day limit instead of the 21 day limit for normal returns even when defective. I was just trying to return it on day 15 because my camera doesn't do the flip right and honestly it wasn't until recently that I realized that was an issue.

I have a call in to the general manager for a ruling on what is a computer and what isn't but I am not holding my breath. I guess I will have to ship it to Nokia and be without for 6 weeks.

Peter Borders

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Here's a trick: Call it your "Nokia PDA" - It's not a PDA, but if you keep CALLING it that...

Also point out to them that it is on the CompUSA site under "internet devices" and not "computers."

Finally: Don't return it! Keep it! It rocks! Is it still new? Send it to me!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Show the CompUSA manager that they list it under "net appliances" on their website.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=344047

Thoughtfix: I don't want to return it I want to exchange it since the camera flip doesn't work.

I may try another time when someone else is at the return counter. The dolt at the return counter didn't know what it was and I made the mistake of saying it was like a little computer.

Peter Borders

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Print out a copy of the web page listing and take it with you.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Go to another Comp USA...

The 2 in my area didn't impress me as being "on the ball" so even that might not work... I just wanted to see the thing connect to the web through their WiFi to download a Google spreadsheet. I would have bought one on the spot.

One store didn't have WiFi and the clerk couldn't take the 8 she had out of stock without her managers approval...

And the other had a 770 on display that didn't seem to want to connect to the WiFi networks they had up or my BT phone.
The clerk could give me an 800 from stock but couldn't open the box for me first. I had to buy it, try it, and if it didn't work; return it.

CompUSA is usually a nightmare for me, but I was able to return mine the other night, no questions asked 15 or 16 days into the 21 day policy.

When I bought it, they couldn't find one in the store until I found it and pointed it out to them.

If/when the email support on the device improves (either Nokia's offering or a 3rd party app) I'll buy it again at (hopefully) a cheaper price...great device, just not 100% for me yet.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I returned and got new one day 21, no questions asks