Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
So I un-installed:
Ogg support
FM Radio Player
Recorder
backed up the n900
and restored system defaults.

And guess what, my n900 headphone still didn't work.

while the headset plays audio on my n810 I couldn't test the mike (or the mike wasn't supported or didn't work)

I have seen slight moment in the headset jack, so i have ordered a replacement and will test that later this week. for now I think it is a production defect in the headset jack.

Originally Posted by canabal View Post
Damn, was on a plane today and was using my stock nokia n900 headphones. They got bent and the end snapped off, so now I need to pick up some others. But the only ones I can seem to find that have the mic when looking online are iPhone headphones. Even nokia USA's site does not have any that are aimed at the n900 directly (although their others may work, so I just want to be sure).

Anyone have any suggestions?
you can pick up a replacement from:
http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=25396

im disappointed i cant use my palm pre headset on my N900, i just get a bunch of noise. i really like the non-isolating type for when im at work, and also the even cord length from the mic to the bud. im guessing the palm headset has the mic and ground pins in the same order as the iphone ones? is there anyway to tell witch headsets will work with the N900 while browsing?

New headset solved the problem.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
New headset solved the problem.
So you didn't get a replacement as post earlier and managed to get it working using another headset, was it hit and miss or have you found other head units now work? Im on the verge of opening mine and seeing what makes it tick as a few repair places have said most of the time its a loose clip. Did you play with the 3.5 jack to get it working?

I replaced the WH-205. Other headsets worked and the WH-205 worked on my n810 (without mic support) the new WH-205 solved all my problems.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
As reported on another thread, you can use the stock headphones available for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and they work perfectly for the Nokia N900, including the mic for phone calls. You can pick these up for peanuts on ebay and the good thing is that they are two-piece and you can plug your own headphones into the mic.

The Following User Says Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:
Just thought Id let everybody know that it seems headphones with a mic in wont work on the n900..Ive tested the following..
Blackberry headphones=no
Iphone headphones=no
Ipod headphones=YES, because they have no mic
Standard ones=Yes, basically as long as they dont have a mic..
hope it helps..

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I got the same problem with my N900. It doesn't work anymore.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Aachen, Germany
@dreadnought: do you mean the HPM-75J ?

If yes, does the button for receive/end phone call work with the n900?

Tags
lack of quality control