Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
I don't have idea, one day i can't use call function in my device and the message error "GENERAL ERROR", don't know why.

is there anyone out there who can help me? please don't ask what happen, it just one day the error came and i cannot use it anymore.

i dont like to reflash again my device and install all my apps all over again. if you have any better solutions, please advise and i highly appreciate that.

Originally Posted by edcarsky View Post
I don't have idea, one day i can't use call function in my device and the message error "GENERAL ERROR", don't know why.

is there anyone out there who can help me? please don't ask what happen, it just one day the error came and i cannot use it anymore.

i dont like to reflash again my device and install all my apps all over again. if you have any better solutions, please advise and i highly appreciate that.
I can't believe NOBODY IS HELPING me to re solve this issue. i am looking for an answer and/or assistance from the community, as of now, afterwards , i've tried to reflashed my device on PR1.2 version, but still my device cannot use call function and says "GENERAL ERROR", however i can received incoming calls, please advise.

I can't believe NOBODY IS HELPING me to re solve this issue. i am looking for an answer and/or assistance from the community, as of now, afterwards , i've tried to reflashed my device on PR1.2 version, but still my device cannot use call function and says "GENERAL ERROR", however i can received incoming calls, please advise.
Can you still receive calls? Can you connect to the internet using 3G? Do you remember having installed any program before the issue started? You mentioned that you flashed your device, What did you flash, rootfs, eMMC, both?

did you restarted it?

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
did you restarted it?
Thanks for your both responding. In regards of last program i installed i dont remeber. about the flashing, i flashed firmware only, eMMC is not working. The problem still on it, Yes,,, i can receive calls, only OUTGOING CALL not functioning.

i read someone article to use apt-get upgrade to be able to activate missing files or something.

Please advise.

Originally Posted by Laughing_Man View Post
Can you still receive calls? Can you connect to the internet using 3G? Do you remember having installed any program before the issue started? You mentioned that you flashed your device, What did you flash, rootfs, eMMC, both?
Thanks for respond.

Yes, everything is fine, only outgoing calls, don't know why. i need an prompt solution, i am using a low-end mobile for my SIM.

I hope you have effective solution how to re solve this.

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
did you restarted it?
All procedure i made it already, i am not beginner on using N900, but in Maemo OS, definetly i am beginner.

but i assure that everything under control, i just don't understand one day the GENERAL ERROR function came and my outgoing calls in not working anymore, until i decided to flash my device, but still the problem was there.

need assistance please.

Did you downgrade?

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Did you downgrade?
Yes, this was i did when i encountered this error. from PR1.2 i downgraded into PR1.1, then I've encountered NO SIM CARD status. I didn't worried, maybe PR1.2 has ability to disable this, and then i go back to PR1.2 in which i believed that the latest firmware will resolve this issue.

Apparently, still the GENERAL ERROR in call function is not working. currently i don't have any option how to resolve this.

If you could help me on this, i would highly appreciate it.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary

Open the Application menu -> Launch the Phone app -> Select a contact with the "Select contact" button -> Press the button of the phone number you wish to call.

If the above is not working:
  1. Launch the Backup application, and back up everything on your device
  2. Copy the backups to your PC
  3. Reflash the N900 as described here
  4. Put your backup back

Note that the backup app can save the list of applications you installed, so when restoring your backup, it can re-install them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: