Hi,

I'm trying to connect my N900 to my company's Network using a VPN connection.

We have a LANCOM router installed at work, which uses an IPsec connection.

I guess vpnc is the right software on the N900 side to try the connection, but I'm not quite sure how to configure the connection - both server-side and client-side.

I found guides how to connect via iPhone (sorry, German version...) but it's not exactly the same,

Other Manuals I've found show how to configure the server for Shrew soft VPN client, MacOS's built-in-client and others, but I seem to be missing something...

Anyone with experience in this area here?

Looks like vpnc is right client.
I can't speak german so I can't understand configuration process.
Are You able to connect from PC?

Try it from command line. I had problems with connecting from GUI to cisco vpn with at least 2 linux distro.
Basic console vpnc always worked for me.

thanks for the hints.
I will try using the command line, and if it doesn't work try vpnc on my ubuntu laptop.
I have seperate settings for my laptop under windows where I connect using the "lancom advanced vpn client".

btw, this is the link to the english version of the tutorials for iPhone and others.

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Try it from command line. I had problems with connecting from GUI to cisco vpn with at least 2 linux distro.
Basic console vpnc always worked for me.
thanks, it works using command line.
"account name" on iphone is username in vpnc.
I can ping a machine in the local lan and also use rdesktop to connect to that machine.
I can make two scripts to start and stop vpnc instead of using the gui.
I guess I'll look into queenbeeecon to put them into a widget...

what I don't get to work yet is mounting a network share using wizard mounter. it says "connection refused". haven't tried using smbmount via console yet, I need to read a bit bout it first.
does someone know if wizardmounter works with a share in a windows domain? how do I enter the username (not local on the server, but in the domain) correctly?