Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Yes, it is possible... but if one have microb source code. You are correct, it has nothing to do with drivers, but the way microb uses events from input devices. Just for your information - touchscreen coordinate system is absolute, 3 axis (x,y,p) where p is pressure. Mice uses relative, 2 axis (x,y).
What this mean is that when you touch the screen on your n900 an event containing those 3 values is generated and send to microb. And microb uses this information (including pressure) to check what you are trying to do. But when you press left mouse button the information send is missing this(pressure) very important part. And the differences does not stop here, the type of event itself is different.

Anyway , changing the way mice behave will need kernel evdev support rewritten.

But.. you can always do it yourself and share it with us. I will be the very first to say big thank you

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Somewhere in Europe
Thanks a lot for mouse support!
I can report that my USB ThinkPad keyboard with TrackPoint works flawlessly.
It needed just one reboot after installing extmou to detect the TrackPoint correctly.
Keyboard itself was detected nicely by extkbd. I set the layout to Generic 102-key (Intl) PC.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Is there a way to just enable the cursor with these scripts? Synergy works on N900, but it would be quite easier to use if I could see where I'm pointing.

Yes, there is, look in /usr/lib/hal/hal-setup-mouse-cursor.sh

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
@freemagordon

Hi freeman! First of all, thank you for your work, extmou works really great, BUT...

I'm trying to play Quake 2 with an external usb mouse, but I can't make the character turn left or right more than a little amount of degrees: the problem is that when the mouse cursor reach the right side/left side of the screen, even if I continue to move the mouse to the right/to the left, the driver doesn't seem to see my movement anymore.

I'm not sure this is a driver issue...and I'm not really sure that I explained myself

P.s.: great nick!

yes, I understand what your problem is. But I suspect it is quake's issue, maybe it is n900 touchscreen optimised. Maybe it is a good idea yo ask quake's maintainer, to see his opinion on the problem.

BTW do you know when episode 3 will be ready

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
yes, I understand what your problem is. But I suspect it is quake's issue, maybe it is n900 touchscreen optimised. Maybe it is a good idea yo ask quake's maintainer, to see his opinion on the problem.

BTW do you know when episode 3 will be ready
Thank you!

About episode 3, well...have you ever heard about Duke Nukem Forever?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Thanks! Works great with my Logitech V470 BT Mouse!
(But I also had to manually reconnect via your extkbd Application (which I also love, btw. ) the first time... now it seems to work, when I press the "connect" Button on the mouse)
And I can't see the cursor, when I use fennec 4.0b2?

Thanks again for your great applications!
Michael

Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post
Thank you!

About episode 3, well...have you ever heard about Duke Nukem Forever?
Nope... never

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Nope... never
Never? Really? a) you are too young b) you are not a hardcore gamer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever:

Duke Nukem Forever is an upcoming first-person shooter video game for the Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems,[7] currently in development by Gearbox Software, and a sequel to the 1996 game Duke Nukem 3D, as part of the long-running Duke Nukem video game series. Intended to be groundbreaking, it has become notorious in the video games industry for its severely-protracted development schedule; the game has been in development since 1997.
Probably it will be out in 2011...I hope...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell, "See also" section:
  • Half-Life 2 Episode 3
  • Duke Nukem Forever