Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
thnx for the info

Looking forward to this, a gps app is all I need for the n900.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Had a reply from a developer (I think) at Sygic. He wasn't sure when the live version would be released but I do think it is pretty close judging by that it was due for release a couple of weeks ago.

The latest beta release seemed to have had some extra functionality added to it.

It is looking good from an end user point of view.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
So all the lag you have mentioned has vanished with the new updates?

The last few journeys there didn't seem to be an issue. I haven't had an opportunity for another journey since I updated a new release this morning but will try and get out later and report back.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

would be nice if the beta software was available to a few more people , i would have liked to compare it to the in car pc version i have

Update:
Have just completed another journey and there was no lag at all. They also seem to have corrected the issue that I have mentioned previously about the km alerts.

It is looking like a nice stable and useful app now and if they can get a minimise icon to easily put the app in the background then that would be nice.

After having no lags for the last few journeys I am happy enough to purchase this if the price is right.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Update:
Have just completed another journey and there was no lag at all. They also seem to have corrected the issue that I have mentioned previously about the km alerts.

It is looking like a nice stable and useful app now and if they can get a minimise icon to easily put the app in the background then that would be nice.

After having no lags for the last few journeys I am happy enough to purchase this if the price is right.
The price has to be right considering that maemo can still get the free ovimaps, and the other gps apps that are being tested like navit.

That being said they do have a head start with releasing the product first.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I would expect it would be similar prices at the iphone and S60 devices, and if so I'll be purchasing it, I don't mind supporting a company that releases cross platform programs

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
I would expect it would be similar prices at the iphone and S60 devices, and if so I'll be purchasing it, I don't mind supporting a company that releases cross platform programs
I'd hope not, considering they're apparently selling the maps on a per-country basis for Maemo, rather than the per-region basis they do for other devices.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn