Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I haven't done this update.

Nevertheless,

1. Change the connection transport to UDP.
2. Disable the codec; http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...375#post114375

You seem to be one step before success..

ive change the connection transport to UDP

but still not sure how to disable the codec (i'm not a unix guy yet)

what was written at your post:

Good chances are that you can make voip[catchyword].com work by disabling the
iLBC codec. Here's how to do it in the on-screen terminal or an SSH shell (the
red pill mode might be helpful here).

1. sudo gainroot
2. cd /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10
3. mv libgstdspilbc.so libgstdspilpbc.so.off

what terminal and how to get it?

thanks

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
on OS2008 apps/utilities/X Terminal use "sudo gainroot -" instead of "sudo gainroot"

the answer i get is:

"Enable RD mode if you want tobreak your device"

and when I write the next command, it saya: "not found"

what does it mean and what shall I do?

thanks

Last edited by tori; 2007-12-24 at 18:10.

Hello Tori and everyone,

I feel your pain tori! I've been trying to set up voipdiscount for ages, and your persistence has convinced me to do some more googling. This is what I've found, it works, and is easy enough for us non-technical people!

1. On your N800, go to:
http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...&system=maemo4

2. Find the Eko One repository and add it to your N800 applications manager (click to install icon makes it easy on gronmayer's page)

3. In your application manager, browse installable applications, click all, and install becomeroot (this enables rd mode).

4. In application manager, go to tools, application catalogue, click new, and in web address erase http:// and input the word 'matrix'. Click cancel and click red when asked which pill you want (this enables red pill mode)

5. Now open x-terminal and input the following commands carefully letter by letter:

a. sudo gainroot (press enter)
b. cd /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 (press enter)
c. mv libgstdspilbc.so libgstdspilpbc.so.off (press enter)

6. In application manager, go to tools, application catalogue, click new, and in web address erase http:// and input the word 'matrix'. Click cancel and click blue when asked which pill you want (this returns you to blue pill mode)

You're done! Now just enter your voipbuster settings into the control panel/accounts (included RTCom in N800) and voipbuster/voipdiscount/whatever will work perfectly.

I've registered an account here to help people who are as lost as I was. I was lucky to find steps 2 and 3 (enabling RD mode) tonight!!

Thanks everyone for making this a great forum for the Nokia tablets!! I hope this helped someone!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by tori View Post
the answer i get is:

"Enable RD mode if you want tobreak your device"

and when I write the next command, it saya: "not found"

what does it mean and what shall I do?

thanks

You need to enable red pill mode to solve the first problem.
The second is just a mistype.

WOW, at last

Thankyou Saturn for leading me and explaining how to configure the machine
and especially thanks to chaoz that really gave the step by step guide for dummies, and I agree with him that that's great having here a home like for the internet tablet users

tori

Sory for the lay-newbie question, but, after dealing and getting the gain root, isn't the machine more exposed to uotsider attacks? what can be done against it?

Thanks

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by tori View Post
Sory for the lay-newbie question, but, after dealing and getting the gain root, isn't the machine more exposed to uotsider attacks? what can be done against it?

Thanks
Gainroot doesn't put your machine in a permanent root state; it just gives you the tool to be able to become root. Just make sure you don't forget to log out as root when you're done wrecking your Itablet.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Just make sure you don't forget to log out as root when you're done wrecking your Itablet.
... and how do I log out as a root? (sorry I'm lay linux)

Thanks