Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
When moderators remove posts, aint they supposed to mention why or something? I see one of my posts here just vanished with no trace of it.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

I purchased my N900 over last month. I wanted for 7 months to buy this amazing piece of gadget. The only thing that I missed is multi-touch. It is a powerful device

Its not that every year you see devices like N900 and N95 being released by Nokia. I will keep this for atleast 3 yrs

Two/Three years

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am seriously contemplating getting a second N900 to really mess around with. Downloading devel apps, installing Meego, overclocking and so on.
Even with it's faults this is easily the best phone that I have had.
So I guess the answer is probably until it falls apart.

Gonna keep it as long as maemo repos exist.

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
at least till feb 2012 - ie when my contract is up.. depends what state it's in by then and whether the new one have a stylus!

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
until I am no longer able to fix it or buy replacement parts for when I make mistakes.

I've replaced the LCD, the digitizer and a battery. Plus I've spent countless dollars on locating the best screen protector/armor for my needs. I'd say all in all, mine has cost me around $1000 USD. Minimum 4 year investment.

Yep, as long as it works, and does the job. Unless something close to a week long battery life, running Debian comes out..

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I am never going to sell or get rid of the N900! For me it's a milestone in mobile evolution! I'm also a HUGE fan of Maemo 5, so even if Meego would be officially supported for the N900 I'd still keep it running Maemo 5 and buy the next Device running Meego.

I'd like to show N900 running Maemo 5 to my grandkids someday and tell them: "Look children! This is where it all started!"

Will keep it till it lasts but will buy its successor next year in may(when my parents pay for it for my birthday).

Tags
ebay.com, until its sold