Notices

I was hoping that 0.4 or 0.5 for Diablo would hit Extras at some point, but no such luck. 0.4 is apparently only installable manually from here and you need to resolve the dependencies yourself. I was trying to think of a way to do this without gaining root. I tried to manually install these packages by opening them in the Application Manager:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....6-4_armel.deb
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....5-9_armel.deb

... but when I did, it said they were incompatible packages.

So I ended up installing sudser and prepended "sudo" to the apt-get command listed here.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Wow, reading through that I am going to try and upgrade from 0.3 to 0.4.
And yes, I also wish that this would make it to Extras one day.
If development is dead...could someone with some development skills please take over this and see what can be done to move along 0.4?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Panucci 0.9-alpha0 is now available on Maemo 5 Extras-Devel:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ci/0.9-alpha0/

This new version is based on the 0.4 codebase. A package for Maemo 4 (Diablo) will follow with the final release of the new version. Please help testing this package, and report any bugs you find.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Thanks for the new version!

Just installed and found the following:

- wont load from desktop or from within menu.. appears to load but then fails
- will load from terminal - but gives error message:
/opt/panucci/lib/panucci main.py:1102: Gtkwarning: gtk_tree_view_get_path_at_pos: assertion 'tree_view->priv->bin_window ! = NULL' failed
path_info = self.treeview.get_path_at_pos(0,0)
Can then add files individually or by folder - although intially says no files found in folder and then adds them.

Using PR1.2 - let me know if you need any other info

I encountered the same situation today. Worked ok yesterday but today it won't load from desktop but starts and play ok from gPodder. Reverted back to version 0.3.17 and it works well.

Last edited by fleetwood; 2010-06-14 at 11:17.

Same here but it launches from the terminal and seems to work well thereafter. Splitting the playlist out is a huge improvement- just feels much more intuitive somehow and I love the ability to add whole directories again, now with finger-friendly buttons. Finger - scrolling the playlist would be great and I kinda enjoyed the portrait mode (though usually ended up in landscape). Thanks for your continued development of this really useful app.

same here, launches from terminal only

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Some screenshots of the new version would be lovely, for those of us too scared to try -devel software.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I installed it, had to launch from the x-terminal, didn't really liked it and went back to the old version. The new version of Panucci did, however, mess something up with nQaap that I use for audiobooks. It is now impossible to start that program. Does anyone here know what this new version of Panucci possibly can have messed up?

In addition, the BT headset controls do not work with this 0.9alpha0. They work well in 0.3.17. This is a very essential feature of panucci for me. I love the possibility to skip 10 secs with headset previous/next buttons.

Tags
panucci, testing