Active Topics

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@bobaseth
You seem to be missing your fourth quickluanchbar entry(button). So you have to:
1. link the correct application to it
Code:
 ln -s /usr/share/applications/YOUR_DESIRED_APP.desktop /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop
Replace YOUR_DESIRED_APP with the one you want, look it in /usr/share/applications/
2. and then create correct entry in launcherdata:
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 3.desktop=quicklaunchbar/3
3. reboot
Alright. I followed your instructions to the best of my abilities but upon reboot it "Erases" home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 3.desktop=quicklaunchbar/3. It did it twice thus far. I just want to put the "Stock Web Browser Icon" in the "Forth Slot" (to the far right.) That was the only icon slot I change with the "Shortcut App" and left everything else stock. I also uninstalled the "Shortcut App" before I started this tread. I hope that helps.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@bobaseth
So you have to create a symlink for it for position 4(quicklaunchbar3):
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/applications/browser.desktop /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar3.desktop
Check in /home/user/.local/share/applications/ that you have only four symlink entries for quicklaunchbar buttons 0,1,2,3
Then edit your launcherdata file, adding entry for position 3:
Code:
Then reboot.
Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Reboot isn't necessary. You can simply:
Code:
$ killall meegotouchhome
...and UI will restart with the new settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
@ladoga
Thank you for the tip!
I have read somewhere that after 3 home screen restarts, phone will reboot itself automatically, as it assumes something is wrong with home screen.

@bobaseth
So you have to create a symlink for it for position 4(quicklaunchbar3):
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/applications/browser.desktop /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar3.desktop
Check in /home/user/.local/share/applications/ that you have only four symlink entries for quicklaunchbar buttons 0,1,2,3
Then edit your launcherdata file, adding entry for position 3:
Code:
Then reboot.
Good luck!
I getting it...,the more I mess around with it the more I understand. You guys are pros...me I'm a noob so I have to learn you guys language. I.E I get the symlink entries (just copy paste...,easy,) I also looked at your previous post about the numbers representing rows/positions etc. So is there a way to copy paste how "ln -s /usr/share/applications/browser.desktop /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar3.desktop[/code]" how it would look with my "Datalauncher.file" because that's where I get confuse an terms of inputing it in. Thanks again!

@bobaseth
After you have symlinks created, you have to see that you have 4 entries in launcherbuttons.data file. They look like this:
Code:
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar0.desktop=quicklaunchbar/0
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar1.desktop=quicklaunchbar/1
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar2.desktop=quicklaunchbar/2
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar3.desktop=quicklaunchbar/3
You have to edit the file - just copy/paste the line you are missing and save file. Kill meegotouchhome:
Code:
killall meegotouchhome
Your quicklaunchbar must be OK now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
@bobaseth
After you have symlinks created, you have to see that you have 4 entries in launcherbuttons.data file. They look like this:
Code:
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar0.desktop=quicklaunchbar/0
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar1.desktop=quicklaunchbar/1
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar2.desktop=quicklaunchbar/2
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar3.desktop=quicklaunchbar/3
You have to edit the file - just copy/paste the line you are missing and save file. Kill meegotouchhome:
Code:
killall meegotouchhome
Your quicklaunchbar must be OK now.
@ zlatko Hey man thanks a million. I mean...that. Athough I have yet to resolve it I think I got all the pieces now. Ok when you say "Code ln -s /usr/, home\user\ , or even killall meegotouchhome..., are those "Terminal Codes" that you enter in terminal and do I have to be "Rooted" to do it? I did some research to see how to activated "Developer Mode" for the first time and played around with the issue when I got back into town. Thanks

@bobaseth
These are commands. You enter them in terminal. Every command has its meaning, e.g. ln=link, cd=change directory etc. Read a bit about some basics of shell usage - it will be useful.
Also - I do not understand what you mean by "rooted". root is just another user on the linux system, that has more privileges than "normal" user. Some tasks require root privileges. Some don't. For example if you want to edit a file belonging to "root" - you need to be root. You can check file ownership by entering
Code:
ls -l
in the directory where the file is locate. It will give you list of the contents of the folder with all ownership and other atributes.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
@ zlatko I understand. Yep..., I'm researching about "Terminal Commands" as we speak. Yes..., I meant "Root" but I see you answered my question any how. Oh and I managed to fix my forth shortcut error (the symlink 3) with the desired icon ( the stock browser ) but I now have a duplicite stock browser on symlink 0, which was my phone icon. Lol. Now I got to fix that. Thanks.

Last edited by bobaseth; 2012-07-24 at 04:33.

@bobaseth
If you managed to get fixed one shortcut, then it is only matter of correcting carefully all 4 of them. You have got the knowledge already