Originally Posted by sysedit View Post
The problem is solved, but I'm not sure to understand.

After posting my answer, I did the following:
- as /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data gets corrupted on startup, I removed the permissions on the file (chmod u-rw), and I rebooted.
- after reboot, my launcher screen was completely changed, the order of the applications was not the same as before, and the quick launch icons were not there. But something was solved: after I reflashed the device a couple of days ago, I got some of the basic icons twice. Some of them disappeared finally to be displayed only once (like message), but some others remained twice (like maps). And this has been fixed.
- then i reset the rights (chmod u+rw) and I rebooted,

and now everthing seems fine. Quicklaunch icons are back (BTW, these are the ones I selected with Shortcuts without success), and I've only one icon for each basic app.

No idea why removing read rights on the .data file finally fixes the issue, but at least now it's ok.
Thanks for this sysedit! The access rights trick really helped me to recover my busted quicklaunchbar configuration. I had also exactly same symptoms. After locking (u-rw) the file with permissions and after the next reboot the launcher was lacking lot of normal icons from the launcher, including weird double icons (which are caused by desktop files being handled wrong).
Then after putting permissions back to normal (u+rw) and reboot everything was back to normal.

I think quicklaunchbar.data under user profile is being used to read data in or "out" it for other processes, but not to store it. Eg. it is just one way placeholder for data.
This type of one way access files suits aegis locking ethos; you need to get things locked, but you often need some media to transfer information other than just memory.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Note that after PR 1.2 you should not copy launcherbuttons.data from the original path as this would destroy your folders.

The file (/home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data) seems to contain all files to folders assignments now.

BTW. You can remove unwanted icons from there.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I have been using QuickBarControl nearly all time after PR1.2 and all was OK.
Today I decided to change places of 2 shortcuts and encountered some weird effects:
1. One apllication is stuck on leftmost position. I can not change.Although /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop shows entry for different app, I still get this one there.
2. The stuck at pos. 0 application went missing from app launcher grid, replaced by camera-ui app. There is no entry for it in /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome.nokia/launcherbuttons.data. But there is correct entry in /home/user/.local/share/applications/

Any body more familiar with the structure of this can give me a hint how to restore missing shortcut in app launcher grid?
I am thinking of creating entry in /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome.nokia/launcherbuttons.data, but I wonder what the digits between slashes mean?
EDIT:OK, I got it - digits between slashes are level and position. So /0/12/ is the app in main menu row 4, leftmost. First digit 0 - main level, and the you start counting from 0 being the app in top left corner.
EDIT2:Solved it - edited launcherbuttons.data file, rebooted the device, now everything looks and works OK.
So basically changing your quicklaunchbar buttons by hand without the need of any apps comes to following 4 simple steps:
1. Delete all existing symlinks to quicklaunchbar buttons in /home/user/.local/share/applications/
Code:
rm -f /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar*
2. Create correct links like:
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/applications/browser.desktop /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop
3. Edit /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome.nokia/launcherbuttons.data Entries there must look like: home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 0.desktop=quicklaunchbar/0
quicklaunchbar0.desktop is the symlink to real application we created in step 2, quicklaunchbar/0 is the position(0,1,2,3) in launchbar.
4. Reboot.

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-07-01 at 12:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
My device developed this issue for the first time after I had to reflash earlier today. I completely agree that this should be a configuration choice that is handled by the settings menu. This could and should be one of the nagging issues handled by the mysterious 1.3 release. Here's hoping.

I suggest the app Mymoves as an immediately available, and in my view, very high quality substitute. I have assigned a gesture for each of my quick launch apps, and voila, anywhere at all on the device, whether in an app, homescreen, feed, or multitasker, the app activates.

That said, I like the quick launch feature a lot and would like to see it repaired and improved. Heck, how about a different Mymoves gesture to scroll through different quick app configurations? Just kidding, let's just stick to what we're best at--the swipe.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
My device developed this issue for the first time after I had to reflash earlier today. I completely agree that this should be a configuration choice that is handled by the settings menu. This could and should be one of the nagging issues handled by the mysterious 1.3 release. Here's hoping.

I suggest the app Mymoves as an immediately available, and in my view, very high quality substitute. I have assigned a gesture for each of my quick launch apps, and voila, anywhere at all on the device, whether in an app, homescreen, feed, or multitasker, the app activates.

That said, I like the quick launch feature a lot and would like to see it repaired and improved. Heck, how about a different Mymoves gesture to scroll through different quick app configurations? Just kidding, let's just stick to what we're best at--the swipe.
Mine develop this error soon after "PR1.3" update. After uninstalling the "Nightly Beta 15" version of "Firefox" and installing the more recent "Firefox 13" from the "Nokia Store," I notice "2 Firefox Icons" on the dashboard. So I uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted but no success. Then I decided to move one of the double Firefox icons to the Shortcut App (or quick lunch) Bar where the previous Nightly Firefox was (to the far right) and solved the double firefox icon issue. So now I've notice a bug with the shortcut app when you put in a icon wherever the blank shortcut icon is you get a blank or just a missing icon.The same is true even after you uninstall it. My blank/missing icon is missing in the same place as the "Nightly Firefox" version (to the far left) after uninstalling shortcut app. I'm a noob with few apps form the store by the way. Any help would be much appriciated.Thanks for time...

Last edited by bobaseth; 2012-07-11 at 19:52.

Originally Posted by bobaseth View Post
Mine develop this error soon after "PR1.3" update. After uninstalling the "Nightly Beta 15" version of "Firefox" and installing the more recent "Firefox 13" from the "Nokia Store," I notice "2 Firefox Icons" on the dashboard. So I uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted but no success. Then I decided to move one of the double Firefox icons to the Shortcut App (or quick lunch) Bar where the previous Nightly Firefox was (to the far right) and solved the double firefox icon issue. So now I've notice a bug with the shortcut app when you put in a icon wherever the blank shortcut icon is you get a blank or just a missing icon.The same is true even after you uninstall it. My blank/missing icon is missing in the same place as the "Nightly Firefox" version (to the far left) after uninstalling shortcut app. I'm a noob with few apps form the store by the way. Any help would be much appriciated.Thanks for time...
Open this file in a text editor
/home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data
Look for a lines like this
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 0.desktop=quicklaunchbar/0
there should be four with the numbers being 0,1,2 and 3, one for each shortcut.
When i had the issue one of the lines looked.like this
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 0.desktop=launcher/0/45
so i just corrected it.

edit
just noticed zlatko's earlier post which describes this a lot better.

Last edited by anig; 2012-07-12 at 06:45. Reason: noticed earlier post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anig View Post
Open this file in a text editor
/home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data
Look for a lines like this
there should be four with the numbers being 0,1,2 and 3, one for each shortcut.
When i had the issue one of the lines looked.like this
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 0.desktop=launcher/0/45
so i just corrected it.

edit
just noticed zlatko's earlier post which describes this a lot better.
I see. I'm not sure what a "Text Editor" is or even where to get one. Now..., I did used "Filebox" to explore useing your info and notice in that file (Luncherbuttondata) that the forth line of "local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar0.desktop= quicklaunchbar/0" is missing ( I guess the line that would have quickluncher/3.) I guess that would explain why my forth "Lunch Icon" is missing from my "Quick Lunch Bar" huh? So... I guess I need to know where to get a "Text Editor" and further instructions from you. Big thanks again...., I already feel closer I'll have a solution for it thanks to you.

@bobaseth
"Text editor" is any application you use for editing text files, e.g Notes on N9 or Notepad, MS Word on Windows. Just transfer the file to your PC and edit it there. You can post it here, so we can take a look and guide you. Or even edit it for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@bobaseth
"Text editor" is any application you use for editing text files, e.g Notes on N9 or Notepad, MS Word on Windows. Just transfer the file to your PC and edit it there. You can post it here, so we can take a look and guide you. Or even edit it for you.
Ohhh...ok. Forgive my ignorence. I couldn't find the file (perhaps it's hidden) while connecting it to my Laptop (running W7) so I just copy paste via N9. Here....hope this helps and thanks. [DesktopEntries]
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 1.desktop=quicklaunchbar/1
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 2.desktop=quicklaunchbar/2
usr\share\applications\DictionaryStar.desktop=laun cher/0/32
usr\share\applications\Filebox.desktop=launcher/0/29
usr\share\applications\MTimer.desktop=launcher/0/37
usr\share\applications\QuickCurrency_harmattan.des ktop=launcher/0/38
usr\share\applications\TheFlashlight_harmattan.des ktop=launcher/0/43
usr\share\applications\accountsui.desktop=launcher/0/20
usr\share\applications\browser.desktop=launcher/0/2
usr\share\applications\buui.desktop=launcher/0/28
usr\share\applications\calc.desktop=launcher/0/30
usr\share\applications\calendar.desktop=launcher/0/19
usr\share\applications\call-history.desktop=launcher/0/3
usr\share\applications\camera-ui.desktop=launcher/0/27
usr\share\applications\cityscene.desktop=launcher/0/39
usr\share\applications\clock.desktop=launcher/0/23
usr\share\applications\contacts.desktop=launcher/0/5
usr\share\applications\duicontrolpanel.desktop=lau ncher/0/16
usr\share\applications\facebookqml.desktop=launche r/0/7
usr\share\applications\feedreader.desktop=launcher/0/18
usr\share\applications\fennec.desktop=launcher/0/0
usr\share\applications\gallery.desktop=launcher/0/12
usr\share\applications\joikuspot.desktop=launcher/0/26
usr\share\applications\mail.desktop=launcher/0/6
usr\share\applications\maps.desktop=launcher/0/21
usr\share\applications\messaging-ui.desktop=launcher/0/4
usr\share\applications\minibible.desktop=launcher/0/36
usr\share\applications\morpheus.desktop=launcher/0/14
usr\share\applications\music-suite.desktop=launcher/0/11
usr\share\applications\n9-quran.desktop=launcher/0/41
usr\share\applications\nokia-drive-qml.desktop=launcher/0/22
usr\share\applications\notes.desktop=launcher/0/33
usr\share\applications\office-tools-frontpage.desktop=launcher/0/31
usr\share\applications\operamobile-labs.desktop=launcher/0/1
usr\share\applications\ovistoreclient.desktop=laun cher/0/15
usr\share\applications\panorama.desktop=launcher/0/42
usr\share\applications\recorder.desktop=launcher/0/35
usr\share\applications\remotecamera_harmattan.desk top=launcher/0/40
usr\share\applications\search.desktop=launcher/0/17
usr\share\applications\skype.desktop=launcher/0/8
usr\share\applications\tnpui.desktop=launcher/0/25
usr\share\applications\twitter-qml.desktop=launcher/0/10
usr\share\applications\userguide.desktop=launcher/0/24
usr\share\applications\video-suite.desktop=launcher/0/13
usr\share\applications\wxapp.desktop=launcher/0/34
usr\share\applications\youtube.desktop=launcher/0/9

@bobaseth
You seem to be missing your fourth quickluanchbar entry(button). So you have to:
1. link the correct application to it
Code:
 ln -s /usr/share/applications/YOUR_DESIRED_APP.desktop /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop
Replace YOUR_DESIRED_APP with the one you want, look it in /usr/share/applications/
2. and then create correct entry in launcherdata:
home\user\.local\share\applications\quicklaunchbar 3.desktop=quicklaunchbar/3
3. reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post: