Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
There is a Maemo-Leste lecture announced for OpenFest in Bulgaria next week... Will try to be there.
Will they record it on video?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi everyone, I have a question. (I will have many silly questions, so buckle up)
It's been quite some days that I started testing Maemo Leste... Does someone know how to take screenshots ?

And I have another question half-related to maemo leste and WPA2 Entreprise. The mobile is connecting fine to internet, but I can't do it back in Maemo (freemanlte) when it comes to WPA2 entreprise (eduroam style).

I know it has been mentionned here and there on the forum without some good solutions but I was wondering if I could ask here... so the question is : Is there a way to copy-paste the config files, or the WPA_Supplicant config file from leste to freemantle ?

So...yeah, I am still playing with it, I'm a big noob so there is no many things to do with it for now....(I almost forgot everything linux, I had to do a google search just to remember how to do a simple apt-get update). I'm still figuring out how to install and use some apps, but for now, thank you for your hard work!

Sorry I didn't use my awesome translator today , so sorry for my english!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Maemo Leste already supports WPA2 Enterprise properly (because it uses wpa_supplicant backend). You do not need any config file on Leste.

On Fremantle, some have been able to connect to eduroam by carefully entering the options, e.g. make sure that the "Manual username" field is filled.

I don't have eduroam where I am, but the N900 can't connect to our WPA2 Enterprise network. So I use wpa_supplicant, which works beautifully. As a result, I do have a config, but you also need to remember that WPA2 Enterprise is just an 'umbrella' designation - there are various ways that the network can be configured, e.g. PEAP, TTLS, TLS, etc. So you would need to figure that out first, before you can write an appropriate config

Simplest way ... look at how Android/Windows saves the connection

Last edited by sicelo; 2018-10-31 at 10:50.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Maemo Leste already supports WPA2 Enterprise properly (because it uses wpa_supplicant backend). You do not need any config file on Leste.

On Fremantle, some have been able to connect to eduroam by carefully entering the options, e.g. make sure that the "Manual username" field is filled.

I don't have eduroam where I am, but the N900 can't connect to our WPA2 Enterprise network. So I use wpa_supplicant, which works beautifully. As a result, I do have a config, but you also need to remember that WPA2 Enterprise is just an 'umbrella' designation - there are various ways that the network can be configured, e.g. PEAP, TTLS, TLS, etc. So you would need to figure that out first, before you can write an appropriate config

Simplest way ... look at how Android/Windows saves the connection
Thank you for your quick reply. Yeah like I said, I have no problem with Maemo leste connecting to the Wifi...I was just wondering if one could just copy paste the config file from Leste to fremantle..I know it sounds simple...I'm a simple man But don't worry, that's not the subject!! (But thanks again for your answer)

I mostly wanted to know how I can take screenshots from the mobile.

And regarding the apps from the repository, The only one I was able to install was conky, but I had no icon in the menu, and the app did not open...

Finally, did someone think about Chroot ? I know it's not the aim of the topic, but I still have ubuntu chroot in the N900 and it works just fine, I was just wondering if it was possible with devuan too!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
I fully support this as a request. Video record it please.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Screenshots on fremantle / N900
can be achieved the simplest way:
CTRL-SHIFT-p
and look under MyDocs/.images/Screenshots/

No idea of Leste alreafy supports it but I would guess yes.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
CTRL-SHIFT-p

I suppose you could try "dd if=/dev/fb0 of=~/capture.raw" or similar...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Not sure, will check.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DeniE46 View Post
Greeting from a new member of this awesome community! Been reading for quite some time about this project and it really got me hooked! As i'd like to visit you guys on this lecture, could you provide some more info about it, tickets if necessary, location, etc. AFAIK, it will be located in Sofia Tech Park so me living near Sofia would be easy to find it. Big thanks!
There are no tickets required - you can just walk in.

Yes, they should.

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi everyone, I have a question. (I will have many silly questions, so buckle up)
It's been quite some days that I started testing Maemo Leste... Does someone know how to take screenshots ?

And I have another question half-related to maemo leste and WPA2 Entreprise. The mobile is connecting fine to internet, but I can't do it back in Maemo (freemanlte) when it comes to WPA2 entreprise (eduroam style).

I know it has been mentionned here and there on the forum without some good solutions but I was wondering if I could ask here... so the question is : Is there a way to copy-paste the config files, or the WPA_Supplicant config file from leste to freemantle ?

So...yeah, I am still playing with it, I'm a big noob so there is no many things to do with it for now....(I almost forgot everything linux, I had to do a google search just to remember how to do a simple apt-get update). I'm still figuring out how to install and use some apps, but for now, thank you for your hard work!

Sorry I didn't use my awesome translator today , so sorry for my english!!
We're going to roll out new n900 images really soon, you should give those new ones a try. They will have much nicer/better wifi (UI) than our old images.

apt install scrot allows you to takescreenshots using 'scrot' (command line tool)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
CTRL-SHIFT-p

By the way, yes, this also works in Leste.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7