I wanted to check whether my early suspend was still in place after the update, so I just set the policy to disabled, expecting double-tap not to work and to work again after setting it to early, thus proving that early was in effect.

To my surprise, suddenly double-tap works with suspend policy set to disabled. Now what... should I set it to disabled or to early? (My concern was unavailability through internet messengers when Jolla goes to sleep.)

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I saw this mentioned on the changelog of a recent update, so it's no surprise

Technically "early" will still put some peripherals in low power mode, but not the cpu.

Thus "disabled" may use more battery.

Ok, thanks for the info. Trying out "disabled" now to see how much battery it consumes.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by tanghus View Post
I just been hit by this with my very simple Kitchen Timer app.

Does that mean I will have to include the entire source tree of libiphb in my project because it's not white-listed in harbour?
Assuming you're timing intervals/countdowns (at least I assume that's what a kitchen timer would be doing..) try looking at clock_gettime with a clk_id of 'CLOCK_BOOTTIME'. That's probably the simplest solution.

Still to be investigated is whether we can move QElapsedTimer and friends to use this: it's a nice theory, but at least earlier we ran into all sorts of quirks, probably thanks to a kernel bug that made CLOCK_BOOTTIME sometimes _not_ monotonic (hooray). That's since been fixed, but we haven't yet gone back to this on the middleware side.