There is no automatic lockscreen mode in Timenow. You always have to manually lock your phone with the slider from the desktop. After that, when Timenow shows the lockscreen for you automatically, it should blank the screen automatically if you cover the proximit sensor again while the lockscreen is showing.

After uninstalling can you describe with more words what exactly are you experiencing and what you expect to see. I'd like to help, but I don' t understand your problem exactly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
ok, thanks. My problem is that even if i have chosen in the Settings->Display "lock display automatically" it doesn't do that, it takes 5 minutes before my dispaly goes black. This happends now also after i unistalled Timenow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:
This is a pure maemo setting and has nothing to do with Timenow. Above the checkbox there is the time limit for the backlight, and if I remember correctly that also sets the time after your phone automatically locks.

If you are wanting an app that locks your phone every time you cover your proximity sensors, I dont think there is one. This kind of behavior was once in some version of Timenow because of some error in my system, and the phone was not really usable. The screen would go blank all the time during normal use.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
I know but after i have played with Timenow i got this problem.
https://db.tt/YGeAiXAg
Look here. Both phones are on 10 sec display light. The upper phone is the one i have tested Timenow on and here i have uninstalled it and got this problem

The Following User Says Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:
Seems very strange, havent seen this kind of behavior before. The phone clearly shuts down the backlight but does not lock the screen.

Do you have any application that might have something to do with the settings of the phone (so that some other app sets the locking behavior off) or have you tried removing the widgets from your desktop, because they might somehow "keep the screen alive" even if the you don't touch it. These are wild guesses, because I don't really have any knowledege on the specific maemo settings.

As far as I know, Timenow shouldn't have anything to do with the locking of the screen, as it basically kicks in only after you lock the screen, and then starts polling the proximityd for uncovering.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
True, timenow does not alter any settings regarding automatic lock. It just fakes powerbutton presses when you uncover the proximity sensor.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: