Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Can we use this thread to discuss the topic of it title "Rostelecom investment in Jolla" please?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Can we use this thread to discuss the topic of it title "Rostelecom investment in Jolla" please?
I tried! What's your opinion on the situation?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Oh dear. It seems I may have offended a sentiment or two. (...)
Oh, not on this side...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Well I don't think that is necessary really.
I'd rather keep to the reality-of-reality topic, much more interesting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well I don't think that is necessary really.
I'd rather keep to the reality-of-reality topic, much more interesting.
Well, than I think it makes sense to change the thread title to something like "The philosophical view on the world, reality, freedom of choice and at some point on Rostelecoms investment in Jolla"

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
FWIW, it seems like we have exhausted all that can be possibly said on "Rostelecom investment in Jolla". The options are, currently, either to keep this thread alive by discussing reality of reality, with a hope that somehow, in the future, a new reality pops up closer to the nominal thread topic, or to close this thread

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
FWIW, it seems like we have exhausted all that can be possibly said on "Rostelecom investment in Jolla". The options are, currently, either to keep this thread alive by discussing reality of reality, with a hope that somehow, in the future, a new reality pops up closer to the nominal thread topic, or to close this thread
Im all for less threads!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Im all for less threads!
More is less. We obviosly need More threads to get less threads. Is that logic to advance for you? Then create a new thread.

Is the campaign still in progress or just sleep walking or simply dead?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
More is less. We obviosly need More threads to get less threads. Is that logic to advance for you? Then create a new thread.

Is the campaign still in progress or just sleep walking or simply dead?
Actually, less is more

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
As for whether we here can benefit from the extra money/development efforts resulting from Russia investing in SFOS... that's a separate question. Will SFOS remain a mostly open platform that the Russian gov just happens to use lots? Or will it become like Android - open core but with all kinds of shady telemetry and crap on top, this time with the telemetry handled by companies aligned with Russia instead of America.

NB: I don't see "Russians" as synonymous with "Russia", by which I mean the current Russian government.
/* cut the beginning of the quote, although it was spot on. Now, when the thread is back on track, got finally into it and found the message that I wanted to reply to for some time. */

Now, if you sprinkle your concerns with the closed source components that happen to be dealing with your input (keyboard), communication with your accounts, I am not sure you need that much telemetry to get lots of data regarding the users. And that's a part where owners may play a decisive role.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: