Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
My Nexus 5 arrived. I'll see if I can find a few free evenings and do the port.
Sorry I haven't been very active recently, I'm hoping to find some time to pick things up again soon. If I can collaborate at all with the Nexus 5 port, please let me know.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2018-06-25 at 21:17.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
All still wip, but ... (more) awesome work done by freemangordon:

N900 virtual keyboard:

And here on the raspi:

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
All still wip, but ... (more) awesome work done by freemangordon:

N900 virtual keyboard:

https://wizzup.org/n900-touch-kb1.png
https://wizzup.org/n900-touch-kb2.png
https://wizzup.org/n900-touch-kb3.png

And here on the raspi:

https://wizzup.org/raspi-keyb-2.png
Nice work.

Portrait supported too?
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
There is a fourth status update out: https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-...gust-2018.html

We might release another set of images tomorrow, to fix a dpkg-divert issue, but I didn't want to delay the status post (also since this is the last day of August )

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Nice work.

Portrait supported too?
No, there is no portrait support in Maemo Leste yet - at least not on the N900. Last time I tried that, X crashed, I think. There's still some work to be done PowerVR wise.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
"Some initial research is being done on power usage/saving, it is reported that Maemo Leste currently uses about 90mA, versus the 10mA that Fremantle uses"

For some applications a working suspend to ram might "already" suffice, has someone some numbers for "echo 'mem'>/sys/power/state" on a leste kernel?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pythoneye2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pythoneye2 View Post
"Some initial research is being done on power usage/saving, it is reported that Maemo Leste currently uses about 90mA, versus the 10mA that Fremantle uses"

For some applications a working suspend to ram might "already" suffice, has someone some numbers for "echo 'mem'>/sys/power/state" on a leste kernel?
I tried it a year ago or so, not necessarily on Leste, and I think it worked. But for most of my application this is not particularly useful, and 80mA is simple too much IMHO - right now I get about 15 hours of battery life on Leste. Knowing that it can (easily, probably) become at least 60 hours makes me quite eager to just fix that.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Hamburg
Hi,
its nice to see things happening for the n900 again.
I have a broken (GSM module) n900 and a everyday working one.

So my plan is to try out leste when it leaves the alpha and goes beta on the broken one.

I have some questions (hope they have not been answered already):
- I have not counted the people involved but from what I gather there are not a lot doing the heavy lifting. If the beta is out and lets say there is a bug in the kernel, will the fix be automatically available or will it require work on your side?
- Will most of the applications from extra etc. be adapted to leste? Or is your scope in maemo "standard" applications only?

Thx!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirvival For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sirvival View Post
Hi,
its nice to see things happening for the n900 again.
I have a broken (GSM module) n900 and a everyday working one.

So my plan is to try out leste when it leaves the alpha and goes beta on the broken one.

I have some questions (hope they have not been answered already):
- I have not counted the people involved but from what I gather there are not a lot doing the heavy lifting. If the beta is out and lets say there is a bug in the kernel, will the fix be automatically available or will it require work on your side?
I am not exactly sure what you mean, but there will definitely be work required to fix the bug. Sometimes reporting the bug upstream is enough, other times, we have to do it ourselves. Really, I hope that once we show that what we are trying to achieve is worthwhile, more people will join in. A lot of work has been done by many people over the years, without this work Maemo Leste would not have been possible. Some of these people are still around, still do kernel work, or other work. I believe that with the right focus, we can get these people to (re)join the effort, and have more (wo)manpower.

Originally Posted by sirvival View Post
- Will most of the applications from extra etc. be adapted to leste? Or is your scope in maemo "standard" applications only?

Thx!
That depends on demand. Many application might just need recompilation, so then there is just a bit of packaging work involved. Others might need some fixes, or parts rewritten.

You won't be able to take existing debs and just run them, but that is by design. Getting stuff from extras in will be, just like everything else, based on demand, time, and community effort.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Are you planning on replicating/ porting the existing media framework/ mafw? There was some packages that came up when looking at porting another package for games frontend used by Marble etc. I know my earlier work on GTK3 and the Fremantle-GTK2 work that fmg did, didn't really look into it.

Last edited by Android_808; 2018-09-02 at 19:45.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7