Hi,

I've just updated my N800 to the latest software release, and am impressed by the video playback on the device.

I'd really like to be able to convert DVDs to play back on the N800 - but there is a catch - I don't have time to do multiple conversions, or spend time tweaking settings. I simply would like to be able to take a source file and quickly and easily convert to an optimized format for the N800. The best case scenario would be to right-click on a source, choose 'convert for N800 playback', choose a destination (this could be the N800 itself), and click go.

I've taken a look at the various other threads, but the conversion process looks quite convoluted. I don't mind paying for software which would make the process sreamlined and easy.

Any ideas?

Last edited by FrogT; 2007-03-24 at 14:10.

I use the Sandisk V-Mate to record movies to my SD card. It's a media card reader/recorder. It's easy and simple to use. It connects to any video source: tv, vcr, dvd player. It even works like a tiivo as you can schedule recordings when connected to cable or satellite. I use 3gp format at BEST setting and it works flawlessly with the 800. I have 7 full featured movies in my 2 GB SD. RecordIng takes awhile as it only records in 1x speed but I'm very satisfied with the results. Sandisk V-Mate costs
$129.99 at Circuit City and as low as $85 online.

Like you, I take the easy way.
Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to drcueto For This Useful Post:
great, thanks for that drcueto, I'll check it out.

Check out DVD Catalyst. You should be able to find it at Pocketgear.com. Its only about $15, and readily converts your DVDs and files to the Nokia 770 format (should also work for N800). It also automatically converts your DVDs/files to a format that would work on the Xbox 360, Nokia phones, Smartphones, Windows Mobile etc. It really is an excellent piece of software.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Just in case you missed it: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...9057#post39057

iriverter is free and very basic to use.
And with the new version of the OS, generated files are now compliant with the MediaPlayer / Canola

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
How about FairUse Wizard?
http://fairusewizard.com/lang_en/fai...t_edition.html
The light version is free and its limitations (mainly that output files cannot be bigger than 700MB) are actually a plus for conversion to the Nokia UMPC.

I haven't used it myself -- yet, so don't ask me any questions other than where to get it (and I already answered that one).