Active Topics

one request;
ive got a cheap x89 kindow for experimenting with sfos;
point being since having had the device for about 6 months now,
barely used, it already is in a deplorable state.
scratches on the lcd cover (deep ones); housing parts falling off/loosing color.

please do not go for the cheapest material for housing / glass cover..
rather ask for the few bucks more, and get some decent (gorilla?) glass; and some good quality plastic.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2017-06-25 at 10:44.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
one request;
ive got a cheap x89 kindow for experimenting with sfos;
point being since having had the device for about 6 months now,
barely used, it already is in a deplorable state.
scratches on the lcd cover (deep ones); housing parts falling off/loosing color.

please do not go for the cheapest material for housing / glass cover..
rather ask for the few bucks more, and get some decent (gorilla?) glass; and some good quality plastic.
I think the Cover / Display quality would be the same as Jolla Tablet / Aigo x86.
And both devices are very well assembled and after 12 month of use looking like new.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
A dumb question: is that keyboard cover a bluetooth one? If so then I suppose one can use locale specific cover too if the size matches.
Yes it's bluetooth. But it will have magnetic with it so it can position correctly with the cover. But you can always change it if you can find a right size one.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by explit View Post
I think the Cover / Display quality would be the same as Jolla Tablet / Aigo x86.
And both devices are very well assembled and after 12 month of use looking like new.
Funny that you mention; one of my ex coworkers used to be one of the "fortunate ones" to get a jTablet delivered;
but after he got it, he complaied right away about the crappy quality of the housing (the side covers came off and he had to send it back in for fixing).

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Funny that you mention; one of my ex coworkers used to be one of the "fortunate ones" to get a jTablet delivered;
but after he got it, he complaied right away about the crappy quality of the housing (the side covers came off and he had to send it back in for fixing).
I can't confirm that at all.
in our Berlin SailfishOS User Group we have 4 Jolla Tablets and 1 Aigo.
All are in very good conditions.
Maybe it depends on how ppl use them

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I cant confirm that either.

Still waiting for My tablet.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
Absolutely great news...I'm following this thread for quite a while and was not sure if the idea would come forward but I am totally happy to read that you might be able to deliver soon.
I would be interested for it too, incl. a keyboard with cover.

As for 3G it is a nice to have option for me but not a must, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Wifi only and this is also ok as long as you can use tethering I'm not concerned. So count my vote as a silent yes for the majority.

Can you maybe tell how much it will cost? also for each component? Keyboard, Cover, Tablet?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PatsJolla For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Mine is still kind of mint too in lastu case and with protective glass.
But i also saw some early reports (shared by coderus back then) that the corners on front side brake of fairly easy.

So if possible, adding some extra material thickness to the rounded parts that end as corners would make sense.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
in our Berlin SailfishOS User Group we have 4 Jolla Tablets and 1 Aigo.
All are in very good conditions.
Maybe it depends on how ppl use them
My own Jolla Tablet spends most if its time on my desk, I rarely use it. Still the plastic is deteriorating...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
My own Jolla Tablet spends most if its time on my desk, I rarely use it. Still the plastic is deteriorating...
Sounds like the plastic they use had some problem.

I don't represent Jolla and I have no idea about original production, but sounds rather like the original small batch of J Tabs are kind of pre-production PVT devices. (Was only about 1K that was produced)

We will make sure the MP devices uses the better plastic.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os