Posts: 42 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Park City, Utah, USA
I flashed my N800 yesterday and everything is working great, except that the Application Manager has the map application listed on the Check for Updates page. It says version 2.2.6.377-1 is available. But when click Update the error comes up:

Unable to install.
Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author.

The log says:

apt-worker: domain change: map(nokia-system -> unsigned)

Anyone know what that error means?

Under installed applications it tells me that I already have map version 2.2.6.377-1 installed.

It seems that the Application Manager is confused. Any way to clear that?

Last edited by hybrid; 2007-12-24 at 22:00.

Try to update it from the command line, it should give you a prompt warning you it is dangerous, then ask if you want to proceed, I think... ^^''' If you pick yes, it's all done, if not, then it should continue bugging you, so, do what you think best...

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Toronto, Hong Kong
+++

maybe uninstall the old one,
then install the new one.

+++

Or maybe ditch that worthless map app and don't worry about it. Ever. Again.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Park City, Utah, USA
OK, I uninstalled it and then installed it again and now it seems right. I downloaded the US west map and it works.

Why do you say this is "worthless" iball? It seems pretty handy to me. I have an N800 with no GPS. This map doesn't cost me anything and the places I know seem pretty accurate. I can search for streets in places I don't know, and it even finds hotspots at Starbucks. Seems like a good thing to keep around.