Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
theme-customizer is now @ extras-devel repository, or you can find the latest .deb file from here:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...me-customizer/

Version 0.9-63 is now @ extras-testing. Please test and cast your vote based on your results:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...mizer/0.9-63//

Theme Customiser is a control Panel util to customize your theme.
With this handy little tool you can:
- change system font family
- change system font size
- change font colors
- save and load color presets
- change application shortcut sizes at homescreen
- show or hide the backgrounds for application shortcuts at homescreen
- change web bookmark sizes at homescreen
- adjust snap to grid value at homescreen
- change icon themes
- change backgrounds for applications
- change homescreen widget opacities
- change homescreen top menu opacity
- import .ttf and .otf fonts
- save and delete themes
- restore theme files from backup
- Note: backups of any files to be modified will be created automaticly
- Thanks to CepiPerez for custom hildon-home binary.

During install a backup of your hildon-home.launch -file is created and it's restored when you uninstall the package.

All other files that are modified by the customizer are also backed up for restoring. Backups are created under /opt/theme-customizer/backups/

Known issues:
- when user chooses NOT to reboot automaticly, sometimes hildon-home won't start up or there's a ~20 seconds delay before all shortcuts re-appears on desktop. This is not serious, reboot fixes it.

Main Window:

Color picker for font colors:

Color preset manager:

Save new theme:

Restore original files from backup:

Change application wallpapers:

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-12-03 at 09:04.

The Following 130 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
9000, adhrie, afaq, Aladan, aligatro, AlMehdi, ammyt, anapospastos, arjunkumar87, Artyom, arvind, atilla, backstabber8, bakuur, bald.eagle.one, Bazza, Behemoth, Berserk, bigears5000, bingbings, bunanson, CepiPerez, Changegames, Chrome, cjp, D4rKlar, danielpublic, daperl, dashti, davidian, deprecated, Digicom, Dousan, dtergens, ed00, ednunez70, efekt, elie-7, etuoyo, F2thaK, fareed_xtreme, fasza2, frostbyte, fuyoh, fw190, Generic, Grant, grog, gryedouge, H3llb0und, hathoda, HellFlyer, Helmuth, hermes040, Hootenholler, ikirk, inkirby, inuyasha0209, Iosian, jbw89, jhwan, Jigzy, JimKnopf, joppu, Joseph9560, kamil365, kornolio, leetut, lolloo, lorenzo, Maj3stic, maluka, Marklar, MatMat, mece, mehulrajput, Metalov, Mike Fila, mivoligo, moepda, mohannad, mosiomm, mr id, mrsellout, must4get, MyNokiaN900, n900maniac, navsin, nicholes, noal, NokiaRocks, NvyUs, OptX, panjgoori, qosmio, rnb89, Roth, rotoflex, s4br0s0, SalmanAbbas, shanttu, shrijith1, sifo, Silvarum, sixwheeledbeast, skalogre, skidrock, Sourav.dubey, sponka, SR90, sutaburosu, Switch_, tangent, te37v, thej80, Timothy CHAN, timsamoff, Tinukedaya, tom047, trlopes1974, uhbhatti88, Venty, vkv.raju, WAHID, Wikiwide, WilmaXT, x-lette, xperto, Yorky, zvogt
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Nice, probably saves some time changing this stuff manually in the config files.

Do I need to have the fonts installed on the system, or are the truetype files enough?

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Nice, probably saves some time changing this stuff manually in the config files.

Do I need to have the fonts installed on the system, or are the truetype files enough?
Erm... to use .ttf or .otf fonts, just place them under folder /home/user/.fonts
No other "installation" is required and fonts are usable via any application.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Finally you finished it! Will try it at once and report if anything happens. This will make customizing sooooo much easier. Thanks for an awesome program.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Finally you finished it! Will try it at once and report if anything happens. This will make customizing sooooo much easier. Thanks for an awesome program.
Heh, well it's not finished yet. Next version will include the "fontimport" -tool which install .ttf and .otf fonts from any subfolder @ MyDocs with single button click.

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Heh, well it's not finished yet. Next version will include the "fontimport" -tool which install .ttf and .otf fonts from any subfolder @ MyDocs with single button click.
Close enough!

I bet we will find more things too.. This is a pretty powerful program. It pretty much allows you to change how your n900 will look.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Close enough!

I bet we will find more things too.. This is a pretty powerful program. It pretty much allows you to change how your n900 will look.
Yeah. I'll also add more colors to change in next releases (colors like painted text color etc).

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Yeah. I'll also add more colors to change in next releases (colors like painted text color etc).
Coool! Maybe you should set up a todo-list?

is this replacing font changer? or i can delete font changer and just install this?

Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
is this replacing font changer? or i can delete font changer and just install this?
You actually need to remove font-changer first before you can install this.

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post: