Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
Thanks also to Martin for repeatedly arguing in favor of a modular solution both here and at TJC.
Thanks, I'm glad I could help!

Now back to making this actually useful also for modRana users.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
OpenStreetMap Funding Drive 2016, a bit more left to go: https://donate.openstreetmap.org/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Updated RPM available for early access users of Sailfish OS 2.0.5 "Haapajoki". Not compatible with previous Sailfish OS releases.

https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-map...s/tag/0.26.205

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Updated RPM available for early access users of Sailfish OS 2.0.5 "Haapajoki". Not compatible with previous Sailfish OS releases.

https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-map...s/tag/0.26.205
hello, I got a dependency problem:

Fatal error: nothing provides qt5-plugin-geoservices-here

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
hello, I got a dependency problem:

Fatal error: nothing provides qt5-plugin-geoservices-here

thanks
As usual, you need to refresh your repositories first with
Code:
pkcon refresh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
As usual, you need to refresh your repositories first with
Code:
pkcon refresh
I'm having the same install dependency error as pagis, and refreshing repos didn't do it.

Now I'm entirely new to Sailfish, which I just installed under MultiROM on a OnePlus One. And my last experience using RPM packaging was about 13 years ago. And the Sailfish port was missing a few things to start with that I had to install manually -- so I think it's possible that I just don't have the right repository enabled. I can do a pkcon search for "qt5-plugin-geoservices" and not find the "here" package but the "nokia" and "osm" ones are found (in installed state, btw).

I running the community port of Sailfish 2.0.4.13 by yacuken on the OnePlus.net forums.

Ideas anyone? Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I running the community port of Sailfish 2.0.4.13 by yacuken on the OnePlus.net forums.
If you have Sailfish OS 2.0.4.x or earlier, then use Poor Maps 0.26, if you have Sailfish OS 2.0.5.x or later, then use Poor Maps 0.26.205. This is due to the Nokia plugin being renamed HERE plugin. As far as I can tell, I can't easily work around that and support both.

If you use Warehouse, it might not be convenient that the latest RPM is not compatible with your OS version. I don't use Warehouse myself, I don't know what to do about that. You can try asking in the Warehouse thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:

If you use Warehouse, it might not be convenient that the latest RPM is not compatible with your OS version. I don't use Warehouse myself, I don't know what to do about that. You can try asking in the Warehouse thread.
Thanks. I appreciate the response. Not what I'd hoped to learn, but at least it's no longer a mystery. I'll see what I can figure out in the Warehouse thread. As a user of a community port device, the Jolla store isn't an option. (Jolla fancies itself as the pretty girl in the midst of the chess club/glee club/AV club of community port devices, and we're too 'grody-to-the-max' to even talk to.)

If I find out something useful in this situation, I'll post it.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
As a user of a community port device, the Jolla store isn't an option.
Poor Maps isn't even available at the Jolla store, so the alternative to Warehouse is to install packages manually. Just open the web browser, tap the RPM link at OpenRepos or GitHub and tap again at the downloads list to install.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Poor Maps isn't even available at the Jolla store, so the alternative to Warehouse is to install packages manually. Just open the web browser, tap the RPM link at OpenRepos or GitHub and tap again at the downloads list to install.
Eureka! picking the 2nd latest build (0.26-1) on openrepos.net website, rather than using the warehouse app did it. Thanks.

Looks great, thanks very much!