Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Many forumers have forgotten the good old wifi passwords cracking app. Aircrack

Want to see it on SailfishOS
Just out of intrest: Are there any good old crackable WEP secured wifi stations left out there?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
And aslo an option to hide that partner space. So only two-page home screen views
...or swap the partner space with the app grid, N9-like.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Could somebody explain why to bother with Truecrypt since it has been "compromised" about year ago?.
Really?
Please read up on that. The final audit concludes that statement is wrong.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Could somebody explain why to bother with Truecrypt since it has been "compromised" about year ago?

There is another Scandinavian company we might write asking them to also develop their software for Sailfish: http://www.jetico.com/

I use their Personal Firewall to make sure Windows 7 / 8 behaves.
there is no evidence to suggest that truecrypt as it currently exists is compromised.

quite the reverse; no other file publicly available encryption program has been subjected to anything like the level of scrutiny.

all we can say is that the devs no longer felt they were able to continue developing the program.

since truecrypt remains entirely functional on: win XP/7/8/10 / linux / OSX / certain mobile platforms, i have no issue with continueing to use it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
there is no evidence to suggest that truecrypt as it currently exists is compromised.

quite the reverse; no other file publicly available encryption program has been subjected to anything like the level of scrutiny.

all we can say is that the devs no longer felt they were able to continue developing the program.

since truecrypt remains entirely functional on: win XP/7/8/10 / linux / OSX / certain mobile platforms, i have no issue with continueing to use it.
You and NielDK are probably right that it is still an intersting program to have instead of no security.

But if my freedom depended on it I would find it worrisome to concluded that ever since the statement below:

1) development has stopped
2) the community of users has reviewed the code and concluded that there are no outstanding security issues with truecrypt

Means those suspected issues have been fixed or not found at all?

"WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues

This page exists only to help migrate existing data encrypted by TrueCrypt.

The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. Windows 8/7/Vista and later offer integrated support for encrypted disks and virtual disk images. Such integrated support is also available on other platforms (click here for more information). You should migrate any data encrypted by TrueCrypt to encrypted disks or virtual disk images supported on your platform."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Do your own conclusion from the second and final audit fase by NCC Group

https://opencryptoaudit.org/reports/...OCAP_final.pdf

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
"WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues

This page exists only to help migrate existing data encrypted by TrueCrypt.

The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. Windows 8/7/Vista and later offer integrated support for encreypted disks and virtual disk images. Such integrated support is also available on other platforms (click here for more information). You should migrate any data encrypted by TrueCrypt to encrypted disks or virtual disk images supported on your platform."
i'm pretty sure i detect irony in a truecypt dev recommending the use of MS bitlocker.

why? who knows. a ridiculous warning designed to signal they had been identified and leant upon to compromise future development.... who can say.

I'd like to see the Racket language ported, if possible. The dependencies don't look too bad, but it's still a few hundred MB on Debian - not sure if that rules it out in practise, but maybe not, since that includes an IDE 'DrRacket' that would obviously not be much use on a phone...

Last edited by MikeHG; 2015-08-23 at 22:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
owncloud (cloud sharing)
firefox (browser + plugins)
fbreader (epud reader)
kodi (media player)
hashdroid (md5 generator)
truecrypt (container encryption)
KDE/QT Marble - https://marble.kde.org/index.php

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Grenoble, France
In the first thread, @marmistrz wondered if we can have a score keeper application like scoresheet. I found funny to try to implement this in QML only. After some days, the sources are on Github at https://github.com/dcaliste/score-board . I've submitted the application in Harbour, but the rpm is available in Github anyway. Feel free to use and report any issues or requests in Github.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post: