Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Hi I believe I have two points/questions/feature requests/whatever? to make:

1)My Wifi Connection never keeps alive. I already tried disabling encryption and going through the advanced and looking of the sleep thing was on and it was not.
If the connection is being used it keeps alive, but if by any chance it stops being used, it disables itself and then I need to manually reconnect.

2)The programs(except for Maps, BUT only after a refresh, because at first it shows the same problem) that use the GPS localization are showing I'm somewhere in the west side of Russia, but I live in the southeast part of Brazil so...

Thank you!
2) Is because of FakeGPS, it gives a fake position to let programs that use GPS to run because GPS is not properly implemented yet

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
After too many hesitation I decided to reinstall NITDroid by testing the brand new Auto installer! Everything went fine except that in the multiboot, I have four entries:
1 - The stock Kernel
2 - NitDroid rc kernel (I tried to boot with this option and it booted to maemo with the kernel - weird...)
3 - Power kernel
4 - NitDroid

No major problem for me, but how can we do if we want to delete the unused entries (such as Stock kernel and NITDroid kernel) ???

Own Appreciation: @Ammyt: You have done a good work with the Auto installer, but don't forget to mention in the wiki that users could download the NitDroid image separately and copy it to MyDocs, then run the installer!
Anyway, Thanks a lot and (@E-Yes if you read me: we are dying to wait a full stable release of NitDroid)

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Hi !

Tried the autoinstaller again after the last time when my n900 jammed during first boot to nitdroid, but then it went to flashing mode with no problems and i could flash the device. This time there went something wrong really badly. Yesterday i tried to install nitdroid via autoinstaller and at first it didnt install power-kernel or multiboot at all and I uninstalled it right after it was done. Then i ran the autoinstaller again and it seemed that everything went well that time. So I left n900 booting itself and apparently the battery had ran out during booting. Now when I try to boot it, only thing that appears on the screen is a lot text lines including :

(ubifs_load_zmode+0*0/ ...)
(ubifs__lookup_level10+0*0/ ... )

and something like this. However, I am able to type reboot(and anything else ofcourse) and it worked so i guess its not fully dead yet? But I cant get it to reboot mode.

If anyone knows how to continue my trip with n900 it would be great !

just a wild guess... N13 will be skipped to N14 and will be coming 11-11-11 at the earliest or later in december... Christmas time...

p.s. this is just an assumption.

Last edited by TransTech; 2011-11-07 at 17:22.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, sorry for bothering, but, is there any way to fake my phone ID to bypass the android market compatibility check? I'm trying to download/install some apks, but they are unavailable to the "unknown Nokia n900".

Thanks!

(BTW, thanks blackjack4it. Already thanked, but wtv |:P ).

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-11-08 at 14:10.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Hi, sorry for bothering, but, is there any way to fake my phone ID to bypass the android market compatibility check? I'm trying to download/install some apks, but they are unavailable to the "unknown Nokia n900".

Thanks!

(BTW, thanks blackjack4it. Already thanked, but wtv |:P ).
I tried this fix:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1133702
And it "worked" as in, now my n900 is recognized as compatible, BUT, the market application now doesn't even open(it wasn't supposed to anyway, but I cannot install anything) and the battery meter is f***ed.

I don't know why, but at least now the Wifi stays wake(even when not used) all the time.

I'll try to reinstall nitdroid and now only edit the build file in system, as looks like it is the thing that does the trick.

Hope it all goes well, I believe I cannot use the automated installer because I have a "custom" config in my emmc, for earlier.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?t...-Autoinstaller

I tried the instructions there and couldn't get my NITDroid to sign-in to google and had a triple red flash some times.

I see that there is a 0.2.8-8 nitdroid-installer, should I use this one and reinstall?
(I want to install to a 16GB microSD card and uninstalled the almost working version for now...)

Is there a manifest to install?
Does this get me up to the N12 version talked about here? :-)
Do I need to tweak anything or select more up to date packages?

Cheers!

EDIT:
Nevermind, 0.2.7 worked with this trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5XjF6sPef4

Last edited by R-R; 2011-11-09 at 04:38.

Update: Almost worked. All Applications are compatible now, BUT I can't install any because the Market app never installs them. It'll either keep forever on "Start download..." or go straight from that to as if I had hit cancel.

Sad |:/

Update: After lots and lots of restarts, and changing back and forth the Vending.apk and removing data or just cache - it started working after some time.

The wifi problem still persists.

Anyway - looks like the market solution works.

any body got N12_update_2.3.7.tar.bz2 on there n900 if you do get Skype you can video call well the person on Skype using a computer or laptop there have to video call you and you can see them but thay cant see you plus cam working on n900 in NITdroid now http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/..._2.3.7.tar.bz2

Last edited by fraad; 2011-11-12 at 12:59.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid