Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Brutal raw images without any censoring. The vignette comes from the emotion one looking.

Sorry still suffering panic disorder at the moment and had a rough waking up.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I wrote my first impressions with sailfish on the Pro1 on the F(x)tec Forum:
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...2-on-the-pro1/

Here is what i wrote:
Ok, here are my first Impressions from Sailfish (Alpha state) on Pro1:

The Porting-Team did a great job so far!!! Anyway it's still Alpha and you can feel that still on some missing features and some rough edges. I always used official Sailfish devices in the past, so this is my first community port.
  • Boot time is the first thing which is something which made me somewhat nervous on the install process. The first boot takes ages but also the following ones take more than 3 times longer than that on my XperiaX.
  • SIM Card is detected and I can make phone calls. But I can't access mobile data, I get the mesage SIM is inactive. Connection over WIfi is possible and works fine.
  • After installation I set up my Jolla account and entered Jolla store. I could install the Jolla standard apps, and some further apps are shown, but not very many. Doing pkcon refresh shows up "Failed to obtain authentication"
  • Keyboard works, but the mapping is wrong on my qwertz device. I have offered my help on Github for that.
  • Onscreen keyboard sometimes doesn't show up. After opening the hardware keyboard and closing it, it shows up again.
  • The sensors quite often do not work after boot. On next boot these problems are usually gone. Relevant here are nearly all sensors including multitouch. When they work, they work. So no erratic failures. But after a boot the chance is high that they are not working.
  • Camera works including the hardware button for it.
  • GPS doesn't work. (Already on Github as a known bug)
  • The same applies to FM Radio
  • Bluetooth is working. I connected to my Sony SRS-X11 without problems, did no further tests.
  • Sound is working through Speakers, when I connect my headphones Sailfish crashes immediately.
  • Graphics are fluid, anyway I have the feeling, that not all cores are fully used.
  • Adjusting display brightness works, but the slider is reacting somewhat strange. I would call it nervous 😉
  • Double tap to wake phone works, but not always. Found no pattern yet, maybe it's me: I often grab the phone in a way that on the edges my fingers touching the screen. (Bigger bezels would have been better, even so it doesn't look that nice. I already made that experience on Android)
  • Can't say to much about battery yet. Doesn't look to bad at the moment, but I had the impression on Android Battery life was a little bit better. On the other hand, I haven't tested that intensively on Android. I simply don't like Android. The first thing I wanted to test there, was the keyboard. So I opened the notes app and was immediately asked for my google account. For taking notes? Really? I have no Google account and I definitely won't have in future.
  • That's my first impressions. If these sound bad, you got me wrong. All in all Sailfish feels great on this device, even so it's still an alpha. I hope the team makes rapid progress, so I can switch to the Pro1 as my main device.

To the developers:
I am no coder. But I'm willing to help in any way I can. Testing, simple works like translations or whatever and of course with sponsoring some beers. Just let me know!
Keep on your great work!

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2019-11-23 at 10:51.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks a lot for your impressions on the SFOS port. I was looking exactly for that.

I'm surprised about the mobile connection. Wasn't the corresponding issue on Github (#15) closed because it was specific to prototypes with no IMEI?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Vignette effect is a software issue that will be fixed with updates. Updated the review post accordingly

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Vignette effect is a software issue that will be fixed with updates. Updated the review post accordingly
Is it a software issue or a hardware issue which may be repaired in software? I bet the latter anyway, so it may need some post processing.

I hope they can do that without loosing details, otherwise, it would be good if it could be switched on/off by user.

Anyway, I find these images quite good.
Maybe if you could shoot some macro photos - like a PCB to see how well texts can be seen on ICs and how solder joints look like... or just about something small, that would be also good.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Thanks a lot for your impressions on the SFOS port. I was looking exactly for that.

I'm surprised about the mobile connection. Wasn't the corresponding issue on Github (#15) closed because it was specific to prototypes with no IMEI?
If you have things which i should look for and report, let me know.

I don't think the problem with mobile data i am struggling with, is the same one, that was reported on Github: No quick changing of connecting/connected status...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
Is it a software issue or a hardware issue which may be repaired in software? I bet the latter anyway, so it may need some post processing.

I hope they can do that without loosing details, otherwise, it would be good if it could be switched on/off by user.

Anyway, I find these images quite good.
Maybe if you could shoot some macro photos - like a PCB to see how well texts can be seen on ICs and how solder joints look like... or just about something small, that would be also good.
I could disassemble a PCB of one of my appliances and take a pic?

EDIT:

Wow the camera quality is dogshit, it's on the level of my N900 if not only slightly better. The camera's software being garbage doesn't help either. (no shutter sound? wtf?!)

Last edited by Wasmachinemann-NL; 2019-11-23 at 19:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Low camera quality, display, performance and issues here and there where expected.
The selling point of the device is the hwkb and the sailfish support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
From other photos I've seen I feel like it should do better though... Any settings changed? How much light does it have?

Edit: also opencamera is worth a try perhaps .

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
The old hardware engineer's motto is "If a hardware bug can be fixed in software, it was never a hardware bug to begin with."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit