Active Topics

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Insane, really. Scrolling up and down a neverending list of meaningless icons is so much more complicated than a set of well-organized folders. I demand those people to be beheaded.
I dont think the problem is that its a grid of icons as much as the design of the icons themselves are the problem, its hard to distinguish them. Not fan of the new icon set from day 1, but hopefully it will possible to change them soon enough.

Not a fan of folders either because you have to drill down and back to get what you want. Better to have 'app zones', either by grouping or like how HTC have done with a toggle for types of apps.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
They already beat Apple. N900 has zero buttons on the front. Looks nice
But the N900 wasn't a consumer device </loyalist>

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I rather use iphone 4 than Android.... like i do now.
Android is a mess with it's multitasking and in general the UI. Those horrible touch sensitive back and menu keys and buggy OS just made me wanna throw the GS to the wall.
My 5 months experience with GS and then managing to sell the phone that felt like it costed 40 euros 50% cheaper has made me certain not to buy another Android phone.
By far best part of it is the community over at xda.
I have an HTC Desire and have tested a GS and found it far superior. Maybe it's Sammy's fault?

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But the N900 wasn't a consumer device </loyalist>
Actually, N900 was released with pretty decent amount of marketing (big posters in train stations, bus stations etc) here in Australia mid-last year. (just after PR 1.2 release I think) Few of my friends bought it. So it was definitely a consumer device. Just not "popular" to most consumers.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
how does the n900s micro b compare to the webbrowser of the n9?

can someone make a wiki page on how to add people to ignore so we can respond to all of danramos posts with it?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
can someone make a wiki page on how to add people to ignore so we can respond to all of danramos posts with it?
Ignore wiki:

+ =

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Hi can anyone confirm if there is any way you can put a Bookmark link to work like an icon in the Apps list?

And is the Quick Luncher bar down the bottom customizeable at all?

Originally Posted by cleonkennedy View Post
Hi can anyone confirm if there is any way you can put a Bookmark link to work like an icon in the Apps list?

And is the Quick Luncher bar down the bottom customizeable at all?
Confirmed that bookmark links can be stashed in the apps list. I'll try to link the youtube video I saw of it tomorrow if I remember.

Not sure on the quick launcher.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, I would like to flip-flop on one subject. I might buy an N9 if the price was decent, like $400. Certainly not based on trust in Nokia, which I wish ill to, but trust in the community of developers, hangers-on, and layabouts.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????